5

"Andy?! Is that you?" My mom screams from somewhere in the house as I close the front door.

"Yeah mom it's me. Where are you?"

"I'm in my room honey."

I make my way through the kitchen, quickly grabbing some chocolate chip Little Bites (American food. It's just tiny little muffins. Idk if they have them in the U.K. or not), then I walk through the living room to get to my moms room. She's in the bathroom so I just plop down on her bed and start watching YOU, which is the Netflix show that she has on.

It's always just been my mom and I. I've never had a dad because he left right when my mom found out she was pregnant. My mom had me when she was 17, and her boyfriend was the same age. He didn't want to be a father this young, and he didn't seem to care that he was leaving his own child behind. After I was born, my mom got released from the hospital and the first thing she did was call him when she got home. She tried calling and leaving voicemails and texting, but nothing worked. He never answered the phone, and since this was back in the flip phone era, we don't know if he read the messages or not.

But long story short, I don't have a dad, and I'm fine with it. Yes, it would be pleasent to have two parents but it is what it is. My mom has loved me with so much care that it makes up for the both of them. When I came out to her she started hollering and clapping and telling me that we should celebrate. We went out to dinner and got lots of deserts and when we were there she told me that she new all along and she's so proud of me for having enough courage to finally tell her.

Since I've never had friends until now, my mom has been my only best friend. She is the coolest human being ever, and she trusts me with whatever I do. When I first told her about Rye, Jack, and Sonny she was so happy. And I'm just glad to have a mother like her in my life.

"Hey, I was laying there!" My mom exclaims as she walks out the bathroom and sees me laying in her spot.

"No, you were in the bathroom, which means this spot was unclaimed," I respond.

"Move little boy," she says as she pushes me over to the other side of the bed. "How was your day today?"

"It was good, I'm going to a party today ok?"

"Ok, but it is a school night so don't be out after 1 a.m."

"I won't, but my new friends are probably going to be there so I might go home with one of them," I say.

"Ok, just text me if you do," she says and then we continue talking about our day.

"Oh my gosh! You and your moms relationship is so cute!!" Brook exclaims, interrupting my story.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it they're cute. Can we get on with the story now?" Rye says.

"Why are you so excited to hear the story?" Sonny asks.

"Because something happens when we go to the party that you guys don't know about, and I wanna see your reactions," Rye giggles. 

I start giggling too, because I know exactly what he's talking about.

"Please don't tell me it's something inappropriate," Sonny complains.

Me and Rye start smirking.

"Oh my goshhhh, you guys are nasty," he yells, and everyone starts laughing.

"It's not that inappropriate. Honestly, it's probably the most innocent thing we do throughout this whole story," Rye laughs.