Chapter 16: Remember As I Was Not As I am

*Thanks again paperbackwriter92  for making the amazing edit for this chapter cover. I really appreciate her so do me a favor and go read her stories. They are great*

*trigger warning: violence; blood, kissing*

*JEZ'S POINT OF VIEW*

"I'm Mr. Benzedrine."

I look at him confused. He is different only by personality and eye color. One thing can make a difference. One word can change everything. Mister Benzedrine is no where near similar to Doctor Benzedrine.

He laughs at my confused face. It's not like Benzi's laugh. That lighthearted laugh that is music to my ears. No, this one is deeper. Scratchier and not as warming.

"Yy-you killed HIM?" My bewilderment becomes fury as soon as it clicks in my head what he said earlier.

"Yep. Gone. Poof," he stands up making a little explosion motion with his hand. "Disappeared. Like a disappearing act done poorly."

"He can't bbe.."

"Oh, Sweetheart, you don't believe me? Than why am I in his meat suit and you are tied to a chair? Hmm? Can you answer that for me, babydoll?"

"You're him. The one Benzi told me about. The evil in him. There can't be evil without good so he has to be still in there somewhere," I struggle against the ropes a little. The polyester digs into my skin.

"He told you about me?" I nod. "I never thought he would. He is - oh whoops- he WAS ashamed of me. He would have like to completely forget the day I was created. I don't know why. That was a hell of a lot of fun."

He swore. That's not Benzi. It took me back. I never thought such harsh words would fall from such innocent lips. He continues talking.

"No, he is dead and I'm pure evil. You are welcome, Sweetheart."

"Stop calling me that!" I spit out. "Just leave Benzi alone. Untie me, you... you...." I give up defeated. I still see Benzi when I look at Mr.

"No, you're my pet. I can give you pet names. You called Dr. Benzedrine by his. Why can't I call you one? You can call me by one. Anything you desire."

He likes to talk and it's killing me. It's him but it's not. It's just the outside. Not the in. I feel like crying. How the hell am I gonna fix this? It's all my fault. He would still be here if I never came here. I really fucked up this time, didn't I?

I look away from him. I can't stand to look at those eyes anymore. Those murky yellow eyes that belong to a stranger who took the face of someone I love. I also don't want to let him see me cry.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" He coos. Grabbing my chin to try to make me look at him. I fight against it.

"Look at me!!" He snaps. Forcing me to face him. My eyes widen in fear. I don't like this side. My breathing goes heavy and tears start to slip.

Now it's his turn to be confused. "Why are you crying? Calm down. Stop crying, please, Sweetheart," he sighs. Pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot. Let's start over and let me explain why I have you here," he places a hand on his hip and uses the other to do hand motions as he talks.

"I'm Mr. Benzedrine. I'm here to offer you a deal."

I stare at him in silence and he frowns. I just want to whip away the tears and unconsciously continue fighting against my restraints.