Chapter 1: Mr. Sandman Showing His Beam

Why?...why?......WHY???...WWHHHYYY???

Oh sorry, you don't know why.
Well I'll just start at the very beginning and maybe then you can tell me why.

It all started I was doing my regular rounds helping children, anyone 18 and under who had trouble sleeping, to sleep. I've been doing it for centuries.
I enjoy it because it's the only time where you can see someone truly at peace.

I also do it because I started the Business and wanted to do my part. I have a whole cluster of others with this ability to help me because it's night somewhere all the time and there is billions of kids out there and they are ALL important.

I also do it because I love the night. Just the atmosphere it brings and the calmness of it all. It also hides my face. Yeah, I'm a big softie but, I have a not so pretty face that tells people that. My face is normal until you get to my mouth. I have big charcoal black lips with big glittery white teeth. I have a Cheshire Cat smile. Not so inviting when you see it. I put on black eyeliner and eyeshadow just to even my face out. I have glowing chestnut brown eyes and jet black hair that is always slicked into a emo fringe up to the right.

I wear mostly all black to match my mouth and to fade into the night. My outfits consists of a tight fitting T-shirt with a fishnet long sleeve over it and the tightest gold skinny jeans your eyes have ever laid upon. I have tattoos all over my arms. Black and gold gloves to help control this power that ozzes from my hands. I wear long black and gold boots that go up to my knees mostly to look taller. I also wear a black and gold cape like thing with a mane with points just to add effect. The quote "How cruel is the golden rule when the lives we lived are only golden-plated?" has always intrigue me so I guess you can say it has an influence on my outfit.

Okay, since you have a somewhat decent picture of me in your head let's get back to my night routine.

I sneak into kids' houses at night through their television sets. I know it sounds weird but it's not because I'm helping them when no one else will.

Anyway, one the other side of the TV is my homeland, Hollywood Hills. Where America's Suitehearts live and wreak havoc. Luckily only us who have the sleeping abilities can cross over to the land of the humans. However humans can cross at anytime and their fate is never good over in the Hills.

Every America's Suiteheart is a monster of some sort with different abilities. Most are bad, but there are a few good ones. Like the ones in my company and my greatest friends: Dr. Benzedrine, Donnie the Catcher and H. Shoe Crab. And of course ME!

Anywho, that night was going as regularly scheduled. I went to many houses and helped many children that needed it. Then I snuck into her house. Of all house I had to get hers. She was different from any human that I have ever encountered in all of my centuries. I felt it as soon as I completely left her television.

There is just something in the air around her that I feel. It's unexplainable. She radiates something that I can't put words to.

I ignored the feeling because I needed to do my job. I left the television to find a regular looking house. I walk into the room as my eyes beam. They all look the same after you have been doing this for so long. Couch in front of the TV. Kitchen and bathroom downstairs. All bedrooms upstairs. Family pics and nice looking things everywhere to give the allusion that everyone in the house is normal and doing okay.

I don't even bother to stop and look around anymore. I just sense where my client is and head straight to their side to help. The walls lean in to listen as I get her location in the house.

I got it, so I snuck up the stairs and quietly entered the last room on the right side of a long dark hall. Her room was dark but I can see it all with my night vision eyes. Normal OCD teen room. Bed in the middle of the room against the wall longways. Dresser to my left and some small stands scattered around. Everything in its right place and really clean. Cleaning must help satisfy her OCD. She had posters and merch of bands, tv-shows and movies everywhere. Great! I got a fan girl. Hmmm yeah I love giving them those dreams. Haha. *insanely intense eye roll*

However when I read her sleep mind I found out that she wasn't one of THOSE fangirls. THANK THE HIGHEST POWER I CAN THINK OF.

I crept closer so I can see her more clearly. She had a all black bed with a Dean Winchester, from Supernatural, blanket tangle on top of her. I could hear the end of a Fall Out Boy song and the start of a Panic! At The Disco song humming softly from her earbuds.

She was the most precious sight I have seen in a long time. She was different from all of the other children that I have ever visited. Her angelic pale skin glowed in the darkness of light. Her raven black hair that ended with electric blue tips laid in a fiery frame around her face. It framed her face perfectly. Her face was peaceful due to sleep but I could see the sadness deep within that beautiful creature. Oh darling, I know what you're going through.

She had to be between 16 and 18. Her one arm rested at an angle above her head and it had black and white tattoos sprinkled on it. Her other arm laid across her stomach it also had some tattoos. Her legs were mostly covered by the blanket. She looked so peaceful and beautiful.

FUCK, SNAP OUT OF IT SANDMAN!! Do your job!!!

So I tried to get to work. I took her headphones out as softly as I could and paused the music. I carefully wrapped the cord around the iPod and put it down on the small table beside her bed. She had an alarm clock and used tissues from crying all around it. How could such a beautiful creature be so sad? It boggles me. I wanted to know more. To make the sadness stop. But I can't, that's against my own rules and morals.

I fixed her blanket so it wasn't so tangled and messy. I paused just for a few seconds before I was going to work my power on her. It felt like eternity standing there. Just gazing down at this creature. Seeing her beauty that just radiates off her, but not many people see it. The sadness that she hides so well from everyone. Why? I don't know. It's unexplainable, but I feel something towards this creature. I only looked away for a fraction of a second to take off my glove so that I can use my sand that originates from my bare hand to make her sleep better. When I look back at her she was up and screaming.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHH"