Prologue

Within the tall castle walls stood an old and shabby looking man. The full moon's light shaded his wrinkling skin and matched his hair.

"My friend, it is time."

A golden cloak covered his physique, but his muscles shone as he withdrew a sword.

A simple sword. No curves in the blade, plain looking metal, and a hilt with a simple grip. Only a clear jewel, positioned in the middle signified any value.

Beginning his chant, the jewel began to shine brightly revealing six others nearby. They too held a sword, each beginning to shine in turn.

"Returning what is not mine,
Two fates shall entwine."

In front of them was a stone tiered like a two layer cake, six holes on the base and one at the top. Raising their swords high, the old man shouted and stepped on the stone.

"Let these seven,
All from heaven,"

Each took a breath as they awaited the final line.

"Go forth and prosper,
As thus we falter!"

Shoving each sword into place, a burst of light and subsequent darkness filled the air. In its wake, only seven cloaks and one sword remained.

Seven cloaks without an owner.

Seven swords, without their jewels.

//Author's Note
Not a big fan of teasers (or prologues) but I wanted you to know it's all been planned out from the beginning...

Hopefully along the way we can answer questions like "who's the old man?", "where'd they go?", and "how did hot dogs get classified as tacos??"

Can't wait to go on this journey with you all! Please leave comments for ideas or your thoughts! See you next chapter ;)