D In A Box|15

I woke up the next morning to the sound of 'Dick in a box' from Saturday Night Live and the smell of pancakes. What a great way to start my morning.

I headed in the bathroom and did my morning routine before heading to my closet to get dressed for work. Afterwards I headed downstairs. I found Javier in the kitchen flipping pancakes in his boxers.

"Good morning babe." He greeted. He kissed me on the cheek and pushed a plate of food in my direction when I sat down at the island.

"Going in late?" I questioned. "Yeah, being CEO is great." He smiled goofily. I shook my head with a smile and shoveled some eggs in my mouth. "Good?"

I nodded graciously and continued eating. "So, I was thinking..."

"Im listening." I replied without looking up.

"Yo quiero-I want you to come work for me—with me." He stuttered nervously. I lowered my fork and looked up at him to be sure he was serious. Judging by the look on his face he was.

"Javier..."

"You don't...you don't have to give me an answer right now. I just thought it would be good for you and me considering the fact that you literally outsmarted one of the best engineers I have. Plus you told me you never planned on working for Sebastian long term, just until you could start working in your field again."

He's right, I did say that. But for some reason the idea of working for my boyfriends company didn't sit well. "Thank you, really, for the opportunity but i want to think about it first if that's alright." I replied with a warm smile.

"Of course. Take your time, no pressure."

When I got to work, I took the time to really consider Javier's offer. It was a good opportunity to get back into comp science and mechanics. His company is successful and he actually cares about the way things are ran and distributed. He even has a charity banquet every year where people donate money for hospitals and a few other places. It's not like working for his company would be a bad thing.

Its just the fact that he is my boyfriend. When you get with a ceo especially of his stature your open to the public eye. Then when you work for him your open to the backlash of the public eye. Javier had about a million people following him on all social media's combined. I've seen the things that people say to the wives and girlfriends of people in the media and it ain't pretty. I damn sure don't want anyone thinking I fucked my way into his company.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Maybe I'm being dramatic. But I've seen these types of things happen before. It's hard to stay private and it's harder to deal with people and their opinions. When I was working at my last job the CEOs wife didn't come out of her house for weeks because she was receiving death threats after winning a debate against her husband.

From what I've seen the girlfriends get it the worst though. I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of Sebastian was calling me into his office.

I pressed the call button on the PA system and gave him a quick Okay. I grabbed my iPad and headed to his office. "What Can i do for you, Sebastian?" I asked while looking down.

"How does this look?"

I looked up to see him standing by the desk while his stylist, Courtney, put pins in the bottom of his grey dress pants. "The jackets a bit much and the shirts off putting." I shrugged.

"What do you suggest?"

Courtney glared at me and I gave her an apologetic smile as I headed towards the rack of clothes that was set up near him. I went through the clothes and picked out a black long sleeve sweater and a black pea coat. When I turned around to give it to him, he was shirtless and typing away at his phone.

"Try this." I suggested while my eyes darted around the room so I wasn't looking at him.

"You feeling Okay?" He asked. I glanced in his direction to make sure he was descent before nodding. "I'm fine."

He only nodded and pulled on the coat. He pulled away from Courtney while she was still putting pins in my pants and walked over to full body mirror the was hanging from the clothing racks. "This looks Good, Maybe you should be my stylist too." He mumbled.

"I hate you." Courtney mouthed. I held in my laugh and turned my attention to Sebastian. "What's on the agenda today?"

"I confirmed your attendance for Laurence Love's birthday party tonight, and your supposed to be meeting your dad for lunch later."

"Would you like to join me?" He asked as he turned to me. "For lunch or the party?"

He shrugged as he proceeded to take his jacket off. "The party. You look like you could use a drink."

"Um I—sure. Why not."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7."