Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"So what are doing for New Years Eve?" It was the end of an evening shift; Oliver had kindly offered to give her a lift home.

The snow was falling quickly, leaving a soft white blanket on the ground, Christy loved Christmas. It was her favourite time of year.

"Taylor said that Jacob is having a party at his home, so I'll probably join in. I don't want to be by myself on New Years Eve all by myself" Christy admitted.

"Yeah, I think I might go to Jake's too" Oliver said, as he turned in to Christy's street.

"Christy, you look lovely" Taylor gushed as Christy stepped in to the magnificent house.

Christy wasn't too sure why Jacob had such a big spacious home when he was the only one living in it, apart from when Taylor was with him.

Christy was wearing a glittery gold dress that she had seen on sale; she'd paired a pair of silver slinky high heels to complete the look. For the first time, Christy felt sexy without having to be told so.

"Jacob!" Taylor had dragged Christy into the kitchen where Jacob stood chatting to Oliver "Where is the good drinks" Taylor demanded.

"Jacob bought some cheap alcohol, he's hidden the best expensive alcohol for us" Taylor informed Christy as Jacob poured her a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream.

"You look stunning Christy" Oliver complimented.

"Thank you" Christy refused to look up and meet Oliver's gaze. She could already feel Taylor's scrutinizing look, searching for what was going on between her and Oliver.

"When I was younger I loved looking up at the stars with my dad" Christy had been standing on one of the balconies in Jacob's vast house, by herself until Oliver had joined her.

"You look amazing" Oliver said, filling in the silent gaps.

"Thank you, again" Christy said, with a smile on her face.

It had been these little things that had made her fall in love with Oliver all those years ago. Even now, Christy found herself blushing and her cheeks heating up.

10

9

Glancing down from the balcony, Christy could see that a massive group of Jacob's friends had gathered in the garden and were counting down the last few seconds.

3

2

1

"Happy New Year" Chorused all over the garden and the noise echoed up to where Christy stood in silence with Oliver.

Christy had just turned her head to ask Oliver something, when she suddenly felt his soft lips descend on to hers.

In that moment everything else that she had on her mind floated away and all she wanted to do was to stay and kiss Oliver forever.

20th January

It had been nearly one month since Oliver and Christ had slept together, to be honest it hadn't really changed between us. We still continued to work with one another; however Christy knew she had to keep her distance.

She hadn't yet told Taylor that she and Oliver had had sex; however Christy knew that Taylor had probably guessed.

"Christy? Do you have a spare tampon that I can use?" Taylor shouted from inside the bathroom.