Chapter || 9

ANNIKA'S LAWFIRM

"What do you mean, Shivaay? You filed divorce, right?" Om let out his confusion. Shivaay said he was going to divorce Annika Bhabhi. Now, what was he talking?

"Exactly, we filed but did not go for our last hearing. So, divorce date is postponed" Shivaay held Annika's hand in a tight grip revealing confidently. Annika could hear her own hear beats when Shivaay was talking.

Annika was confused looking at this man standing near her. A year back he was ignorant and never accepted her as his wife and now he is openly declaring her as wife. God knows what has got into him.

"Shivaay, listen to us once" Om didn't want to go into their personal life. He wanted forgiveness. From the time Annika bhabhi left giving some brain, he was dying to apologize to Shivaay, his brother.

"Go on, Mr. Oberoi" Shivaay lethargically leaned back to desk still holding Annika's hand. Pinky glared at their hands which made Annika uncomfortable. She tried wiggling his hold but got a snapped glare from Shivaay and tightened his hold immediately.

Om's eyes and face immediately portrayed hurt listening to his brother calling him 'Mr. Oberoi'. Where has he pushed his brother. "Shivaay, I should have supported and believed you. At least, I could have asked your side before accusing, but I didn't. I'm sorry, Shivaay" Omkara had no guts to face his brother. His head bowed down automatically.

"If you have the guts while accusing. Have the same guts while apologizing"?

"Bhaiya we are sorry. I'm sorry." A teary Rudra gained some courage to open his mouth and tried to hold Shivaay's hand. He felt his heart shatter when Shivaay jerked away.

"Shivaay beta, I understand your anger. But please understand me too, I really cannot go against Mummy ji." Pinky was never guilty for abandoning her son. But every time, she proves Shivaay how important was Oberoi surname for her.

"Over?" Shivaay sighed standing straight with Annika who was gaping at him. He was not same Shivaay with whom she stayed two years. That Shivaay will hug his brothers tightly even before they apologise. But now, he still didn't even shed a tear. Did his brothers push Shivaay very far?

"Shivaay?" whispered Om.

"I don't have the time and patience to for listening your nonsense. If it's over you can leave. " Only Shivaay's face was strong, inside everything broke seeing his brothers face. This time Shivaay was way to hurt to forgive them.

"Shivaay, listen" tried Pinky.

"Mrs. Oberoi, it will be better if you do not talk anything. Till yesterday you never bothered if I'm alive or not and today, I don't want yourself to bother with anything related to me. You can leave "

Annika knew what Shivaay was going through. Pain that his loved one didn't believe was eating him up. She could easily tell his mental state, even though he didn't open up to her. Om, Rudra and Pinky silently left. Not before Pinky silently glared at Annika for god knows what reason.

"Oh Mr. Oberoi, now don't go into self-sympathy mood and drown there. Don't forget we need to find some proofs. So, run. Run. " Annika rushed removing his hands towards the door. An attempt of not letting him drown into his sorrow.

Shivaay knew this trick of her's but it was surprising to see Annika's care for him. Without thinking twice, he ran behind her. Shivaay Singh Oberoi never follows anyone till Annika; his wife became his lawyer.