Chapter || 2

ANNIKA'S LAWFIRM

" What the hell are you even talking? You're one of the Best Lawyers in the Nation. You are backing off from this case, wow! " Annika screamed frustrated as each Lawyer she considered to solve Shivaay's case turn their back. It was like destiny, no one was ready to take up Shivaay's case.

" How is that not possible? Loop holes can be anywhere, right? Why can't you hold on?" Again, she shouted in the phone. This was not what she thought, why was everyone backed off. He was fifth lawyer she was bearing in mind.

" What do you mean by no loop holes? Hell with your excuses" Swiftly she threw her phone in pure irritation. Everyone was getting on her nerves.

" Nika, what wrong? Why are you frustrated?" Ashish came in hearing her noise and saw her phone in pieces near entrance. What happened to his sister? He was out with a client and whole office could hear her shout.

" Ashish don't start again, I'm already pissed!" She closed her eyes sighing. Annika didn't know why she was feeling such. It was suffocating her to think Shivaay was in lock up, she had the urge to bring free him soon.

" But what happened? " Ashish asked as he made way towards chair present in front of her desk.

" None of the Lawyers are ready to handle Shivaay's case. They claim there are no loop hole for a bail too. How did they even become lawyers? God only knows!" Annika scowled and sat on her chair opposite to Ashish.

" Nika, you forgot? You both are to be divorced! And now you're fighting with lawyers for taking his case." Ashish asked curiously looking at her fidgeting with her fingers. He just can't figure what's going inside her brain. Each time he thought, he knew his sister, she proved him wrong.

" I'm divorcing him but that doesn't mean I will cut all ties as a human being and as a lawyer right!"

" Why can't you accept, he was the one who murdered Shanaya? And I think he is capable of doing it! He is an alcoholic and who knows he might be a drug addict too. Now may be, he turned out to be a murderer too" Ashish told a matter of fact. From start Ashish had no liking towards Shivaay. He kept pestering their father to stop Annika's wedding with him. But alas his little sister got married.

Annika banged table ahead with her fist and stood up furiously " Ashish, when you don't know the truth; don't blame others. Just because he is an alcoholic, arrogant and a rude man. It's not necessary to be a murderer. Most importantly I stayed with him for two years and apparently, I know what he is capable of and what not" Ashish felt fire from the way Annika spoke. He just gazed her until she took her extra mobile phone and left towards exit.

" Where are you going now?" Ashish asked seeing her leaving.

" You will come to know in some time" Annika was stern enough for Ashish to guess what was coming up.

......

POLICE STATION.

" Mr. Oberoi, your bail is done. You're to leave now!" The voice of a constable there, brought Shivaay out of his world.

How did he get bail? His lawyer told he won't be getting it any time sooner, then how? Shivaay wondered while coming out of lock up.

" Mm, who got me out through bail? Do you know? " Shivaay asked an Inspector there, curiously.

" You will come to know when you head out, Mr. Oberoi' " Inspector told as he checked the registered. Sighing Shivaay went out, thinking who must have been. Little did he know the person.