28: Date me... please?

October 1, Tuesday
10:17 AM

"It looks like my little plan worked, right Lydia?" Ari chirped.

"Yeah yeah, it did." I roll my eyes at her, holding back the urge to smile.

"So tell me, are you two a thing yet?"

"N-no... He said-"

"What do you mean no!?" The two girls stammer in unison, slamming against the table and garnering looks from the students seated on different tables.

"Relax you too! We're just going through the process of getting to know each other better." I say, feeling a little tense.

"You've known Theo on Divine Spring for years though! And you've been acquaintances with him here at school for months!" Ari exclaims.

"Hmph." I turn my head away from her. "We'll get there when we do. Anyways, is there anything wrong with us taking our time?"

"No... But still!" Ari leans closer to me. "If you two don't become a thing soon... Then maybe... Maybe I'll take him then!" She snickers.

"No!"

"What no? You and him aren't together, which means there's nothing wrong with me taking him~"

"Ari..." I frown.

"Hey guys, I'm back-" Theo pauses and puts the food down onto the table, then taking a look at us as if he was studying the atmosphere. "Did... Something happen?"

"Why don't you ask Lydia to be your girlfriend already!?" Maia and Ari once again stammer In unison. "If you don't ask her out soon then I'm going to keep you to myself and hand Lydia over to Jax!" Ari adds.

"No!" I cry out. "I don't want to be anywhere near that damn freak!"

"Err, who is Jax?" Theo asks.

"Forget Jax, just make Lydia your damned girlfriend already!" Ari says then takes her sweetroll. "Sweetroll~ yummy!"

She should go back to her fluffy, usual self now.

"I..." Theo takes a deep breath, hesitating to speak.

You what?

The three of us girls opened up our snacks and my foot began tapping the ground in anticipation of what Theo is about to say.

I... Love you?

Nah it's to early for him to say that...

I... Really like you Lydia, so will you go out with me? I blushed at the thought.

"I don't want to rush Lydia. I might make her feel uncomfortable." He finally says.

"Ehh?" I look at him in confusion.

I got my hopes up for nothing!

"Right Lydia?" He nudges me with his elbow, and takes his seat across me.

"R-right..."

I turn to my gaze to Maia and Ari. Maia was looking at me with doubt, while quietly eating her pudding, while Ari was happily nomming on her sweetroll, paying zero attention to anything else.

Right... We shouldn't rush.

But Ari had a point. Me and Theo aren't a thing, which means other girls can go and try stealing Theo from me...

Especially now. Theo has cut his bangs and... And girls will be all over him!

"I don't want that"

"You don't want what?" Theo asks.

Oh shoot, I accidentally said that out loud-

"Err I... Don't want the soda?" I say reluctantly.

"You asked me to get you a soda and all of a sudden you don't want it." Theo looks at me in displeasure. "Is there anything else you want then?"

"No! No no no, not at all. I still want it hehe." I take my soda and pop it open, taking a good few sips. "See!"

"Heh, you weirdo." He laughs faintly and raises his hand, giving me another gentle headpat.

"PDA~" Maia whispers.

"It's just a headpat!" I say and look away from the three, getting flustered.

"If you to are going to be sweet like that then just date already~" Maia sneers and puts down her pudding.

"I told you, I don't want to make Lydia uncomfortable. Don't pressure her guys."

"It's not pressuring me at all." I say without a single stutter.

Straightforward 1000

Wait no- that's more of a hint. It'd be straightforward if I said "just ask me out already so I can you to myself."

"Are you sure?" Theo asks with a concerned look.

"Yeah..."

"I see."

And the four of us were hit with an awkward silence.

Ugh... That's it? He really isn't going to ask me?

I badly wanted Theo to ask me out now. It was making me itch to be the one to ask him instead. No- no I can't do that!

Patience Lydia, Patience.

I take a few deep breaths and another sip of my soda. Slamming it down on the table right afterwards then giving Theo a stern look. "Do you like me?" I ask him.

"What's with the sudden question...?" He answers, his cheeks turning a light pink.

"Do you?"

"Yeah... I like you a lot."

A lot. My face flushed an extreme red. At the same time I could here squeeling coming from other tables.

"Ehem." Ari coughs, looking slightly irritated. "You like her, she likes you, you both like each other-" She takes in a deep breath. "Then. Date!"

"Oh enough with this!" I jolt up from my seat, shocking the three, and I brush my hand through my hair. "Theo..." My voice softens.

"What is it?" He asks.

F*ck patience, f*ck gender stereotypes.

"Date me... Please?"

"EH!?" I hear almost everyone in the room gasp.

Goodbye, sweet dignity.

I never knew I could be this shameless.

"Lydia! I-I-I should be the one asking you that!" He stutters tremendously.

"So is that a yes?" Ari asks him.

"Yeah..."

"Congrats Lydia." Ari winks at me, Maia begins squeeling, and everyone else begins cheering and taking photos.

Heh, I don't doubt by the time I get home photos of me and Theo will be flaring up my social media.

Anyways... I'm really happy.

"Come here you..." Theo stands up, suddenly lifting me up and holding me in his arms firmly. "You are filled with suprises, aren't you?"

"Heh." I attempt to pout at him but fail miserably. So instead I ended up goofy smiling as I lift one arm up and ruffle his soft, Chestnut hair. "You are one of the greatest things that has happened to me, Theo."

"And you are one of the greatest things that happened to me too."

•••

ÙwÚ well! That's the last chappy before the epilogue guyyys!

I hope you all liked it!

-Kei

Question of the day: What did you enjoy the most about in this book?