8: Coincidences

June 14, Friday.
8:00 AM

It's alright Lydia... It's probably just a coincidence.

I took deep breaths to calm myself. But with every sound of the door knob clicking I would yelp.

"Boo!"

"EEEEK" I screeched and jumped out of my chair. "Ari! Don't scare me like that!"

"Hhahahahahaha! Lydiaaaa! It's been a while since you gave me such a face! You usually deadpan me." Ari laughs uncontrollably, till she was on her knees and clutching her stomach.

"Is it really that funny?" I stretch my back, regain my composure, and returning the usual half-dead look on my face.

"Hey guys!" Putting her bag down and greeting us casually, Maia raised her brow at Ari with a smile on her face. "Girl, what chu doing down there?"

"I was laughing at Lydia. All I sad was 'boo' and she screamed like she saw a ghost!" Ari says with pride and continues laughing.

"Yeah, haha. Very funny." I say sarcastically.

"Oh by the way Lydia, have you heard of the game Divine spring?" Maia asks me, and I shake my head negatively.

Here it comes.

"You should really check it out! It's so cool!" Ari says once she has calmed down from laughing. "Since it is a really popular game, I thought that Theo might play on there so me and Maia made an account."

"Is that so..."

"Yeah! But I think we've done something wrong and teleported to the wrong area. Because the place was filled with level 100 monsters and we were only level 1! We tried asking for help but nobody noticed us." Ari frowns.

"If only you listened to me when I told you we were doing something wrong!" Maia sits down. "In the end we made absolutely no progress! But anyways, the game was pretty cool. You should make an account too Lydia."

"I'll think about it... Haha..." I laugh awkwardly.

It really was them.

But anywho, I'm glad it was just a coincidence. I sighed in relief.

"Hmm... Are you sure you are alright Lydia? You've been acting strange since yesterday." Ari's mood suddenly shifts, and now she was the one raising her brow at me. Though she is an airhead, I gotta admit. She's observant.

"Oh right! You ran off yesterday, what happened?" Maia asks.

"Twas just my dad hehe... And don't worry Ari. I'm alright, really."

"Oooohkay then..." Ari gets up from the ground and takes her seat, looking at me doubtfully. "Oh by the way Maia, there are quite a lot of people on divine spring, do you think we'll even be able to find Theo there?" Ari's doubtful look turns into a frown.

"I'm not sure, but don't lose hope Ari!" Maia pats her back supportingly.

"Thanks Maia."

"Oh and Lydia, how's the speech coming along?" Maia then turns to me and asks.

"I already got it done. Professor Adley is just making us practice."

"That's good! Do your best Lydia!"

"Yeah, do your best." Ari says in a sulky tone. And a strike of guilt hit me. Did I upset her?

"Ari... Did I make you mad?" I ask her, hoping that she would tell me what's wrong.