2: unknowing Acquaintances

June 11th, Tuesday.
10:30 AM

"Come on Lydia! Help me talk to him! Pleaaaase!" Ari clings onto my arm and shakes me. "Please please please!"

"Fine. But you owe me some boba for this." I sigh and smile hesitantly.

"Alright, now come on! Let's make the most out of recess." Ari pulls me out of the door, she was exploding with bubbly excitement.

"Calm down! Before you drag me to who knows where, do you even know where to find Theo?"

"Of course! The canteen! He'd be hungry after all those lessons!" And she said those words without the slightest of doubt.

So off we went to the canteen.

"Do you think he'll like me too?" Ari asks.

"Who knows..."

"Oh come on! Give me a little hope Lydia!" Ari pouts at me and lets go of my arm.

I let out another sigh and in the passing of a second, Ari dashed behind me, hiding herself.

"What are you doing?" I turn around and raise my eyebrow.

"It's him it's him!" She whispers, nudging me with her elbow.

I turn my head to look where she was looking. And there stood Theo. He and his friends were taking slow strides probably heading back to their classroom. And all of them had their eyes glued to their nintendo switches.

If only I had the guts to admit I loved games.

I squinted my eyes, trying to get a view on what they were playing, and Ari suddenly grabs my arm and pulls me over to the busy group of friends.

"H-hey!" Ari stuttered. It was obvious that she was nervous, she was hiding her hands behind her back and was fiddling with her coat. I'm suprised that she mustered up the courage to speak though.

The group all lifted their heads in chorus. "Yes?" Theo answered sheepishly. The rest of the group whispered to each other quietly. But I could tell that they were saying something about me. I could read their lips.

"I'm Ari... I just w-wanted to say Hi." Ari smiled at Theo cutely, and I just stared at the group of boys like they were trees.

"O-oh... Is that so? Nice to meet you to then." Theo smiled gently, then his gaze turned to me. "L-lydia... You are alright being seen talking to us?"

"Eh- hmm? Me? Of course." I felt like I was talking to a tree. I want to burst out laughing but I don't want to look like I'm on drugs.

"Are you alright? You look pale." He then tells me, making me blink a few times. He was shockingly nice. I nodded, implying that I was really alright. Then I looked over to Ari, who seemed to be subtly glaring at me. Whoops.

"Hey dude, we're going to go ahead now. Catch up when your done talking with the ladies." One of the boys that was with Theo winks and begins walking away with the rest.

"Alright. I guess I should go now, see you guys some other time." Theo awkwardly waves then runs over to his friends.

Well he's awkward.

"What was that about!?" Ari crosses her arms and pouts at me.

"What? All I did was stand here." I respond to her nonchalantly.

"You two were almost flirting!"

"We were not flirting! Besides, they all look like trees. You know I'm already interested in someone."