⇞ monster ⇞

"If I die, will you kiss me?" I asked the question out loud.

What was with me and my obsession to kiss him beside the fact that I love him.

To which Nazereth chuckled, actually chuckled. Such a small thing made my heart skip a beat.

I was staring when he said, "Are you too eager to die or to kiss me?"

I have already lost the reason of not dying without kissing.

I ignored his question and embarrassed looked away as the ship halted and the shaking stopped. We stood in the middle of nowhere and the sky and color of water started getting darker.

"A monster of fire and spirit living near water, it must be powerful." Nazereth deducted.

"Was Spirit Kingdom evil?" I asked suddenly because I wanted to know his opinion of Spirit Kingdom if I was really the princess.

"Why would you think so?"

"No one is left from there Kingdom."

"And no one is left from my family." He said like this was no reason to conclude that the Spirit Kingdom was evil.

"You are a good man," I said relief flowing through me.

"Suddenly?" He asked with the smallest of his smiles.

"No, for a while now,"  I answered with a smile as well.

"I am still waiting for the time you will realize I am your enemy or that you are a spy." He said lightly.

"I will never hurt you," I said solemnly.

"I can know." He said in a tired tone.

"And that is making it hard for you to hate me and that thought troubles you," I concluded to him.

"You can sense my feelings from afar now." He didn't sound offended by this.

"Yes, I didn't mean to it's just your feelings affect me stronger than others."

"But you are still missing something." He sounded sad.

"No, I didn't say it out  loud."

He looks really surprised now as he looked at me.

"I am not your priority, I can't be," I said trying to sound unaffected by this but deep down it hurt.

He didn't respond to that.

I can understand his struggle like I understood everything he felt, I was an empath and on top of that an empath who was in love.

Maybe if he did try to kill me I would understand.

If he broke my heart I would just leave him and not torture him but never hurt him. Maybe being empath also meant being a fool.

And suddenly sharp pain hit my head and all the bad thoughts crossed my mind.

"You can already hear him?"

I couldn't answer him because the pain was making me nauseous.

"Ermeline." He called out but I was somewhere else.  

My eyes were viewing things from someone else's eye and I was in a dark warm cave. The monster or so they said looking nothing like I imagined. It looked like a lion, just three sizes bigger. 

Its mane was made of fire while its eyes glowed with fire.

Princess Zephora.

It said in my head and yelped as everything came crashing on me.  It felt like I was burning in the palace as people tried to escape but were killed right in front of my eyes. Only the monster was protecting me and my mother at that time as it controlled the minds of everyone coming towards us.