Nikki came back a few minutes later with a whole bottle of Jack. I don't know how he got the whole bottle but I wasn't going to ask because he looked like he was in a worse mood than when he'd left.

"I want some," Tommy held out his hands like a little kid asking for candy and I just had to laugh.

"No way I know how you are," Nikki said sitting down holding the Jack a little closer to his body.

I saw my boss standing in the corner, now would be a good time to go and ask for a shift change. I said bye to Tommy and Nikki as I made my way over to Martin.

"Hey Martin." I said with a big smile trying to seem sweet. This might be hard because Martin is always in a grumpy mood and it makes him slightly unapproachable.

"what do you want?" He said with annoyance.

"Well, I was wondering if I could have a shift change? I really like working night shift and you seem to make more money this way considering you're short staff." I said quickly trying to get the question over with.

"Sure, but you have to help bar tend and waitress every once in a while." He said dryly.

"Yeah, I can do that. Can Amanda do it too?"

"Whatever, I just hope you know that your pay isn't going to change. It's staying the exact same."

I was a little disappointed but sorta expected it.

"I get that and it's no problem."

"Good, now go."

I walked away happy despite what he said at the end, but I didn't really care. Now I had more time to run errands and enjoy my day...I might be a little happy to see Nikki more even though he doesn't seem to like me.

I was walking back to the dressing room when someone grabbed my wrist. I knew exactly who it was and I wanted to walk away, but I knew Martin was watching me. I turned around.

"Can I help you?" I said nervously, but you could hear the deflection of anger seeping into my voice.

"Can we talk?" His dark eyes stared into mine and his grip tightened.

"Yeah, we can talk after my shift ends." I said and tried to walk away but he pulled me back.

"No, I want to talk now," he said through a clenched jaw and when I didn't think his grip could get any tighter it did. He reached into his pocket with his free hand and gave me a 20. I was hesitant to take it, but I knew if I didn't he would cause a scene and I would probably get fired for refusing service.

I took the 20 and he released my hand, I could feel the bruise forming already. I straddled his lap and tried not to make eye contact.

"What do you want Jake." I said quietly.

"I think you should come back," he said.

"No fucking way," I said a little too loudly for my liking.

I looked around to make sure no one heard. Luckily just the dude beside us looked, but as soon as he made eye contact with Jake's glare he looked away as if nothing had happened.

~Motley's Table~

3rd person POV:

"Fuck." Amanda said which caused all the guys to look at her.

"What?" They all said together and followed my gaze to the table Jess was at.

"Jake's here." Amanda said and gulped as she climbed off of Vince.

"Who's Jake?" They were all confused and Amanda didn't know what to do.

"It's Jess's ex and he's very controlling, obnoxious, abusive, etc, etc. She tried to leave him, but he keeps showing up here and at her house trying to win her over with his bullshit once again."

"Let's go over there." Nikki said getting up and surprising everyone.

"No way! It'll only make things worse for Jess. Jake isn't someone you try to control." Amanda said with worry in her eyes.

~Jake's Table~

"This dance is over and I don't want to talk to you anymore so stop trying to talk to me because I am NEVER coming back," I said way to aggressively and immediately regretted it.

Jake stood up and got ridiculously close to my face. I could feel his breath on my face as he grabbed both of my hands, bruising the one good hand I had left. He started to speak and like before his grip tightened to the point I thought my wrists were going to snap right there.

"We'll see about that Jess," He said before walking off.

I stood there watching him walk away and rubbed my wrists to try and make the stinging go away. I turned around and stopped when I saw the band and Amanda all standing at their table looking right at me.

I walked over to them and Amanda laid her hand on my back.

"Are you Ok?" She said sounding out of breath.

All I could do was nod my head.

"What the fuck was that," Nikki and Tommy said at the same time and looked at my wrists and their eyes darkened.

I looked down to see what they were looking at and I saw that my wrists were already a purple color and had the imprints of fingers. I looked at Nikki and he looked even more angry than when he came back with the Jack, I brushed it off because that's usually how everyone reacts when they see this for the first time.

I put my hands behind my back and attempt to smile at them to lighten the mood.

"Listen guys it's no big deal, I can deal with it. Please, please, don't say anything and forget about it." I begged while looking at all of them.

"We won't talk about it now, but we will later." Tommy said and Nikki nodded.

"Why don't I go ask Martin to let us off early so we can go party!" Amanda said trying to help lighten the mood.

"That sounds great Manda." I said while giving her a soft smile, I'm glad she understands how uncomfortable I am trying to talk about this.

She nodded at me and walked away towards Martin's office. I just looked back at the guys who were still uptight. I hate Jake.

"Come on guys, don't let my problems stop you from having a good time tonight." I said with pleading eyes.

They all gave me light smiles and nodded their heads except for Nikki who seemed to be staring off into space with that same dark expression.

"Martin said it's ok because he's closing up early anyways!" Amanda said coming back.

"Alright we'll go change and meet you guy out front?" I said.

"Fuck yeah, let's party!" Tommy yelled happily and just like that the tension in the air went away, but I couldn't help noticing Nikki's eyes that were still burning with dark anger.