The Conference

Double update, yo! :D Just for you guys because I love you so much ❤️❤️ <3

I adore this chapter for some reason, so I hope you all enjoy reading it!

Upon entering the room, you took a look good at it, surveying the surroundings which included an extra large table that already seated many watchdogs who were whispering under their breaths to one another. You gulped as Tim grabbed your arm as if you were his buddy and led you to two empty seats. Naturally they were right near the front. More sweat drops followed.

A door slam made you jump, and the heads of each watchdog turned to look at the source, adjacent to the screen displaying what you assumed would be a battle plan.

"Eyes up, watchdogs!" a voice cued everyone to sit up straighter. You felt a sense of dread as you discovered who it was.

"I've gathered you all here to discuss something important, even when there are other important things to attend to," Commander Peepers informed his audience with authority.

You knew immediately that he was referring to the Torture Room incident, and you smiled a bit behind your disguise.

"An invasion is always something that needs to be planned carefully, everything put in place before it is carried out," he said. "I'm sure you all know the drill.

"Though the matter at hand deals with conquering a planet, which we've done many times before, there comes the dilemma with more of an emphasis on weapon inventory over strategy, or the other way around. And while we've not yet accumulated the amount of weapons we'd need to easily and effortlessly overpower populations, we are fully capable and experienced enough to continue on like we always do!"

You voice shook a bit as you cheered once with the rest of the watchdogs, knowing that Peepers and Hater were still after the stash to attain power.

The commander went on to explain the plan he had come up with, an idea  that targeted the main power of the planet. To create an invasion that would end up with the government under the empire's control, they would need a way to disarm the military which is quite advanced. Enough to compete with Lord Hater's own technology.

"That isn't to say our armaments don't stand a chance against them, the fact of the matter is that we can't afford to lose any more amenities than we already have due to all the...construction that's been going on. The focus this time will be on strategy."

He eyed each of the watchdogs. "As watchdogs that make up a strong army, I trust that each one of you are loyal since the day you first started training at the academy. I appreciate how many of you have proved to be on physical terms, but with this dire need for strategy now is the time to test how well you are able to think strategically in battle. So from this moment forward ideas will be accepted for the invasion to be carried out in the best way possible."

In a swift move Commander Peepers jabbed a finger toward a random watchdog. "Ted, do you have an idea on how we could disarm their military?"

"A distraction?" Ted proposed, nervousness edged in his tone.

"Elaborate," Peepers ordered.

"Er, well—"

"No ideas then?" the exasperated commander pinched the bridge of his nonexistent nose.

"No, sir," Ted looked down in embarrassment.

"I appreciate honesty," Peepers said, "but I also appreciate when soldiers have answers that can be helpful. You! Any ideas?"

He continued to interrogate more and more watchdogs, and with each passing moment more sweat drops decided to pour down your face. You wished to bring a hand to your face to wipe them off, but for obvious reasons you held back.