Shadow Hounds: Twisted Shadows (Feedback)

ReviewerCapri5211

Comments: I thought the opening was strong as we see Charlie reappearing to the Hound base after being gone a year. Immediately the readers are introduced to the world of the Wildcards. We see Charlie's attraction to various characters and can visualize her desire to be with them. I enjoyed the diverse characters introduced in chapter one. The only thing was that I had to keep referring back to the character list because I got confused on the names such as Ash and Asher. I couldn't remember who was who. I'm excited to see how the story progresses to see why Charlie left in the first place and the dynamic between her and Asher. I would recommend breaking up the paragraphs a little more just to help the story flow better.

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

Reviewerkeralee123

Comments: She does a great job of making the characters world seem so familiar right from the start, despite the fact that it's an entirely new book. I was definitely intrigued immediately partly from the fact that her book was unique to me. I hadn't read a romance novel where the main character was so gritty and in a gang.

I love that the main character is a badass. She's kicking ass and taking names and she's proud to be vulgar. However, I do find it slightly strange that it sounds like they're in this hardcore gang, yet the main character is in high school and was grounded by her parents. Lol

Initially having so many different characters was a bit confusing, plus there were two people with nearly the same name Ash and Asher. She loves Asher but her best friends name is ash and she talks about them both in the same sentences which is mind blowingly confusing.

Once I was able to finally get past the name confusion I really started enjoying the story. I love the nicknames for all of these people, even though having so many nicknames can also get confusing. It's a double edged sword but I was able to get through it, and in the end enjoy hearing Joker, Bane, Harley all being incorporated into the gang's nicknames.

The first chapter was definitely a long slow burn but I feel like it was necessary to show the readers how badly she missed Bane and to introduce the many characters. 

The next few chapters showed a different more playful side to the main cast of characters and helped most them stand out in my mind. 

The sex scenes were described beautifully and everything was fluent, leaving me excited for her and Joker then a little disappointed it turned out they would only stay friends. 

The fourth chapter left me with a cliffhanger and I knew I just couldn't stop there.

I have to be honest, a few times during the men trying on dresses fiasco I was tempted to skip through or stop reading for the night, but I pushed on. I'm glad I did, because even though it might have taken us a bit of character building to get there, after the fifth chapter I have to say I'm thoroughly addicted and I'll be continuing to read. 

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

ReviewerJaszElise

Comments: The description was really hard to process between on who has more to gain and who has more to lose. Sadly I forced myself to read only two chapters which contains some very heavy details about what happened in the past. The characters in the story has a lot of major conflicted issues between Charlie, who is a nymphomaniac with a lot of mental health issues and lived in a unloving wealthy family. Bane, who blames everyone for what happened in his life and for leaving the crew behind. And Ash, who lost her unborn baby and was shunned for sleeping around behind her boyfriend's back. It was hard to understand it all and it was too emotional and heartbreaking to see that the motorcycle gangs have major trust issues too. I didn't felt anything at all while reading the story. It was okay but the description was unbearable to read.