The reunion

Prolog:

She walks in, tan, tattooed, purple hair and nose ring, and what i noticed the most, she looks good, damn good, she looks healthy.

Gorgeous, always gorgeous but now confident.

She looks happy, and that's when I know I may have lost her for good.

But no I'm determined to get in that stubborn head of hers. I have to prove to her things aren't the same as before. I just have to figure out how that is..

Chapter 1:

HER:

Im sitting in the car with Austin Marlow, the guy whom i just started hanging out with again, we were kinda on and off for 2 years, but that was before i left to New york. I'm back now and we ran into each other at the gym, we aren't really together, but we always have a good time.

"Are you nervous?" he looks at me quickly before focusing on the road again

"No, I wouldn't say nervous.. it's not like I was nonexistent." It was Titusville after all she thought, "just hope that people I actually talked to on a daily are there ya know?"

"Well if anything you can follow me along like my love sick puppy/"

"Haha" I said dryly.

"That's probably what they'd think too. You'll be sorry if I actually take up the offer. I'll throw on a t-shirt with ur face and hearts right now."

"As tempting as that sounds it's too late, we are here." He said as he parks the car into the high school parking lot. "But I'd love to see that outfit later, with nothing else." he said winking before he got out of the car to come around and opened my door.

I rolled my eyes because no matter how many times I tell him I can do it he always meets me on this side of the car anyway.

"Okay," I said getting out of the car, "let's go try to have fun.. think if there is an open bar?"

"Well they have a bunch of late 20 year olds so I sure hope so." He kisses my hand as we enter the gymnasium that brings back so many memories.

Him:

"I can't believe I'm going to this thing,'' he said to his high school best friend liam. "I wasn't even supposed to graduate that year. "

"Yeah but you did, and everyone in that gym there," he points to they gymnasium, "loves you man. It's been too long."

"Yeah yeah", I say while he babbles on.

I've been in the army for 10 years now, and my family moved out of Titusville, so I never come back really, but I had some extra time and liam and our friend chase told me to bring my ass, that all of our old friends are gonna be there. I automatically thought about her. My best friend. Or rather not even friends anymore I guess since she won't talk to me.

"Did you hear me?" liam says knocking on my head

"Hmm? yeah, that sounds cool" I say trying to recall what he said

"Oh so your cool if she's there?"

"Wait what, whose where?"

"Come on man.. the party, our fourth piece to our foursome, the infamous square ?? Ring any bells yet?"

"She's coming?"

"Well I'm not sure but I told her she's invited and told her to bring a friend if she's more comfortable"

I clench my teeth at that, "better be a girlfriend" I mumbled

"Why, so you can fuck her?"

I cough, "what?"