8. Good Fucking Job, Jimin!

Start from the beginning

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed but he responded with a small nod and an uncomfortable smile as Jeongguk stabbed at the food on his plate with a fake ass smile plastered on his face.

"So, what are your plans for today guys? Doesn't it get a little boring around here? What do ya'll do for fun?"

"There's no fun around here. If you wanted that, you should've chosen heaven. No one really wanted you to come here." Jimin spat, his eyes set on the slice of apple pie on his plate.

Jeongguk dropped his fork as he placed a hand on his heart, his mouth wide open in disbelief.

"You sir, need to calm the fuck down. Taylor Swift is quaking back on earth. And the only reason why I came here was that I thought this bitch right here," he said pointing at the devil. "-was lonely and sad. If I knew that your smurf ass was going to be here as well I wouldn't have stepped foot in this motherfucking hell hole, thank you very much."

Jimin scoffed before standing up from his seat, he bowed at Taehyung before walking away, his hand clasped onto the sword attached to his hip. Jeongguk too let out a scoff before grumbling under his breath.

"Don't be so hard on him." Taehyung spoke causing Jeongguk to glance up at him in surprise. When Jeongguk met the devil's eyes, Taehyung looked away immediately, his eyes trailing after Jimin's retreating figure. "He has been through a lot and I owe him a lot. He wasn't like this before you came. Maybe he's scared that we'd have to go through pain of some sort again. I know how he's treating you is wrong, don't worry, I'll talk to him about it."

There was some fondness in Taehyung's voice as he spoke of his friend and for some reason, Jeongguk's heart ached a little at that. He didn't know what sort of bond the two had and the fact that Taehyung evidently cared a lot more about Jimin caused an unknown feeling of to dejection wash over him.

The two continued eating their meals in silence.

After breakfast was done, Jimin returned, dressed in his armor with his blue hair neatly swept to the side causing a few strands to fall over his eye. He proceeded to walk towards Taehyung as Jeongguk watched, they talked for a little while before Jimin retreated once again.

"Why is he dressed like that?" Jeongguk questioned coming out of the kitchen where he had been washing dishes for some time. Taehyung had Yeontan in his arms as he stood by entrance to the kitchen.

"He's going out."

"OUT??" Jeongguk yelled in surprise causing Yeontan to let out a small growl. "Like back to earth and shit? Can I go? Can we both go? Please? Pleeease?"

Jeongguk began his pestering. He began to pull his signature innocent face that people usually fell for but Taehyung was different. He stared, dead on, directly at Jeongguk's eyes and spoke sternly,

"No."

"B-But why not?"

Taehyung stiffened at the question and a surprisingly uncomfortable silence dawned on the two of them. Jeongguk's unturned lips fell slightly as he watched Taehyung closely. Jeongguk wanted to apologize immediately but the tension in the room caused him to remain silent. Taehyung turned to look at the younger, his stare icy and emotionless.

"I just can't, okay?"

Jeongguk nodded, almost too fast and the devil walked away leaving Jeongguk and the dirty dishes behind. Jeongguk watched as Taehyung walked away, he bit the inside of his cheek, confused and bothered by how little he knew about Taehyung. He began to continue doing the dishes and was so lost in thought that he failed to notice that Taehyung had returned to where was last at.

"I'm sorry." The devil spoke and Jeongguk almost screamed in terror. He placed a hand on his wildly beating heart as he closed his eyes, exhaling slowly.

"the fuck, bitch? You scared me! And what. the. fuck- did you just apologize?" Jeongguk's doe eyes widened and the amused tone in his voice caused a slight flutter in Taehyung's heart, but the devil brushed it off hastily.

"I felt like how I left things off was a bit rude and uncalled for, so I apologize." Taehyung said after a slight nod he walked away again. Jeongguk continued to stare, amused, at his retreating figure and a burst of confidence washed over him again. He washed his hand quickly before rushing after the red-haired boy.

"So, you do feel bad for treating me badly! I knew it! You do care about me, don'tcha?" he said bumping his shoulder against the devil's. "You looove me don'tcha?" Jeongguk questioned with a wink and Taehyung sighed.

"Got a crushy crush on me? Ah?" Jeongguk winked again and Jeongguk laughed it off as he began his usual ranting.

But what he was unaware of was the fact that, whether the devil liked it or not, he felt himself hanging onto every word Jeongguk said.

"-so anyways, speaking of sex, have you actually never fallen in love? Don't you actually know what love feels like?"

Jeongguk seriously need to shut up once in a while.

Taehyung let out a low sigh as he ignored the question hanging in the air, Jeongguk remained silent urging the devil to answer and finally, being unable to stand the silence anymore he spoke,

"No, I don't know what that feels like." He said. Jeongguk failed to notice the resistance in his words so he continued to ask him questions of all sorts. But little did he know, Taehyung was starting to get a little annoyed.

Taehyung was annoyed by the fact that the younger kept nagging him with questions, to which the answers were buried deep within his heart, locked away in a box pushed further and further into the darkness. And Taehyung didn't like how Jeongguk kept managing to unknowingly, open that box revealing the memories that had caused the devil to be who he was now.

Taehyung didn't like the fact that of all the people in the world, Jeongguk had to be the one to do it.

"And isn't it written in books that the devil fell from heaven cause he fell in love with a human or some-"

Something in Taehyung cracked and a burst of anger and agony all together came forth with much force.

Before Taehyung or Jeongguk could process what was happening, the devil had grabbed the younger and pushed him against the wall, one hand clasping the handle of his sword and the other clenching Jeongguk's shirt. Taehyung's face was merely inches away from Jeongguk's and the poor boy who was trapped between the wall and the devil had his eyes widened as Taehyung's cold, burning stare drew holes in his soul.

"Yes, yes I fucking did fall in love with a human and that's the biggest fucking mistake I've ever done!" Taehyung spoke, raising his voice slightly as he tightened his grip on Jeongguk's shirt. His words cut deep into the younger's soul causing words to clog his throat as he stood speechless against Taehyung's hold.

Taehyung's heavy breathing mingled with Jeongguk's as the devil's eyes started to burn with tears. His voice cracked slightly as he spoke, his voice low and menacing,

"Don't you dare think you could make me fall in love with you cause it's never going to happen, trust me."

A/ N

- unedited- (pleasedon'tjudgemethankyou)

Ooohhh that got iNtEnsE hohoho

What do ya'll think of this chapter? Penny for your thoughts? :,)

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BEAUTIFUL HOES, what are your resolutions for 2020? Mine is probably to focus on my studies a lot more and to focus a bit more on self-care hehe  <3

Anndd, I know that this chapter isn't as funny as the others but I wanted to showcase a bit more tension and seriousness lmfao--I keep forgetting the storyline while writing this cause it's so fun and boii, do i have a lot planned for ya'll ;))

- Amy