Spring: Butterfly

Bao

February 2019

I stand in front of my Employer's building contemplating, actually computing my expenses. It's 1 in the morning and I am about to travel back home, I have two options, I'll book a grab car or I'll take the risk of commuting at this hour. It would take me three different routes and rides for me to reach home but if I take cab or Grab as a safer option I would have to spend more and as of the moment the price surge is so high, 440 Freaking pesos ride home, compare to the commute is just less than 100 Pesos. Why did I let myself stay in the office up to this hour? I should have finished my work earlier, now what!? you will just use your overtime pay for your ride home. Such a waste! I scout the area and it seems safe to take the commute option, it's just the first week of the year 2020 and the streets are still well lit of Christmas decorations so I guess it's safe. Bravely I started to walk, I needed to walk three blocks before I got to the Bus stop. There is no feeling of danger as the streets are occupied by bystanders, grocery stores and people walking who seem to be going home as well. not bad.

The second block seems a bit far to walk on the next Road and dark, there is still no feeling of fear not until I notice a white Fortuner SUV driving in a slow pace, hazard lights on countering the flow. I don't sense any danger as my reasoning is, if it wants to do something Bad, he will not counter flow, how would it escape when chances are the SUV will clash into its counters, plus the hazard lights are on, blinking, attracting attention, This Driver must be going somewhere else. I continue my walk when suddenly the white Fortuner goes with my flow. I started to feel nervous, is this car following me? I have to keep my distance just in case I have to run.

The tinted Driver window car slides down to reveal the driver.

"Hi" A young male, maybe about my age, greeted me.

I did not reply. I noticed He is drunk. His face cheeks look Red.

"Can we have sex!" He continued.

"What?!" I responded with disbelief, is this a joke?

"I am sorry, I noticed you from a distance and I could not help but get Horny and attract you" He explained, he slurs his words but I understand him. His tires begin to hit the road ramp, he blindly controls his car as he puts His focus on me.

I do not fear him. I am worried that he might hit someone in front of us, luckily there is none.

"My name is Pedro"

I ignored him, What the fuck is that name, Pedro? Old school, such a funny name. Maybe if I continue to ignore him he will give up. I took a second look at his face as somehow he looks very attractive and yes He is Damn Good looking. This handsome bad boy looking guy wants to have sex with me? a stranger? in a situation like this?

I continue to walk the dimly lit street, he follows my pace, this is getting creepy. I can feel my heart pound in nervousness.

"Hey, Can you please give me this night, I really like you, I beg you please!" He said then he stopped driving, I ignored him, I continued my walk this time faster. He is drunk, walking fast now I told myself. who knows he might be on drugs, he looks alone but there might be others inside that car, move now Bao! Run! this is dangerous. The Bus stop is near. I cross the road on to the next block and there are now establishments in the area, I feel safe. I look behind me to see SUV parked. lightless. Crazy asshole. It was nerve wracking but it felt nice hearing from someone as adorable as Pedro is attracted to me. I guess There is nothing to worry about.

I almost jumped when suddenly he was back unnoticed, again begging.

"I am not a bad person, I am desperate and frustrated because if I  let you go, I may not have the chance to have you" Pedro is becoming annoying, I keep my distance again. I am not going to give in. Yes, he looks damn good but it is unsafe! "Please, I am dying" he continued.