Winter: Faith. Opportunity. Myth

Prologue

Clam

It's the end of 2019 and I stand here in the pool of excited and eager fireworks fanatics all heads raised up to the dark sky. Ten minutes before the fireworks show starts. I rarely attend this event as I usually celebrate my New years eve with my Family. Why am I here? I should be with my loved ones and at this moment we are all at the rooftop of our four story house watching fireworks around us. I would say our location is one of the best place to watch the fireworks display because we have the 360 view of my City Skyline you will feel like you are floating together with roman candles as you will be surrounded by fireworks and as the new year sets in where there is just smoke and minimal sparkles with soft explosions you will have the mysterious feeling, a feeling of fireflies and tinker-bells that pops around you. Well that's for my nieces and nephews because us adults will be in a fairyland where the fairies pour us vodkas and Whiskeys by that time. I believe Mom, Dad, eldest brother together with his wife and four cute kids, my evil sister who I love, my younger brother who I hate but I also love and aunties and uncles plus Lyan the gray Persian Cat who has a grumpy face that looks like he's about to scratch anyone who tried to touch him but the sweetest Cat in the world, He will never stick out his nails to hurt anyone, all of them are joyfully celebrating and waiting for the countdown. I hope they leave a portion of that Lechon from Cebu, a plate of Leche Flan for me to eat when I go home tomorrow, Mom's Leche Flan is the best! that soft, velvety pudding that got a taste of milk, caramel and a hint of lime is to die for. I booked a room in Solaire that cost me thousands just to get a hold of it, I would not want to drive from Mall of Asia to My home at this current crowd I will be stuck in the traffic for sure. The crowd begins to thicken and people are pushing in. The fireworks set by Japan will be showcased on the distant location just above the dark sky of Manila Bay. The Energy begins to rise when the Biggest mall in Asia behind me bursts with lights and energizing music. exploding confetti's to the air. Playing Auld Lang syne loud enough to let the world rejoice. The young viewers begin to cheer, eager to see the fireworks display and to start the countdown.

I hate being in the middle of a crowd, I feel suffocated so I gave up my space to move back to get some open space. It's a struggle to get out. People around me don't seem to mind me passing through, Either they stand in their place or they walk towards me to get closer to the edge of the beach. I do not understand why when the fireworks are like thousand miles away. I covered my pockets with my hands each to protect my iphone11 and my wallet from any lifters until I reach a desirable space. The anticipation grows 3 minutes before the new year sets in. I am excited. The energy in this crowd is so contagious that I feel the hype inside me. Three minutes before we jump in to year 2020, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath feeling the cold breeze as I inhale to say thank you to the heavens that I survived 2019 and then exhale the bad experiences that may have stayed inside me, let it all disappear into the air for I am ready for a new start.

The countdown begins.

I could not contain my excitement. It shows in my face, I am smiling. The people cheers, the viewers Shout for joy, Everyone is so happy to welcome the new year, a new life, a new beginning. I am positive because the reason I am here and not with my family is to wish for something. not wish for something I giggled, but for someone. There is a belief that if you wish for that special someone that you will love and will love you in return genuinely is to wish for that person to come the very first second of the new year under the roman candles up above and in the middle of the crowd. Legend says that the goddess of love is deaf when our hearts speak. Our heart only becomes louder to her when it's surrounded by joy and lights. I am 34 and I have been single for 10 years, I may sound desperate but who cares. Love is worth it.