Singing a Different Tune

Começar do início

"Of course!" Jack said throwing them at me and pointed to the backseat. "you can change back there, you're used to that right?" he said jokingly. I hadn't had that much sex...just with Lisa...alright he was right. I climbed in the back to wriggle myself into his skinny jeans, and switched t-shirts. "well someone's looking dashing!" he said in the worst possible British accent.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you don't even have ancestors from Britain!" I said as I pushed him a little.

"you're right but the word 'dashing' doesn't exactly sound as pleasant in an Arab accent." Jack announced proudly. We walked towards the huge music store we spend hours in. The owner knows us and doesn't seem to mind so we spend many of our days in his store. As long as we buy something, I think he'd let us murder someone in there.

Jack pulled me into the store and drug me to the CD's. We listened to a few of our favorites, Enema of the State being one of them. Jack looked so cute as he listened to the melodies coming out of the too large headphones. Why can't I just tell him? And suddenly I got a brilliant idea. A song, I could write a song...just for him. I already had some lyrics...

"Hey there it's good to see you again,

It never felt right calling this "just friends".

I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself.

Take off your shirt, your shoes,

those skinny jeans I bought for you.

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down.

I used to wear you like a ball and chain,

I'd run and hide at the call of my name.

It was obvious you were too much for me.

Oblivious, I was young and horny.

In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again.

Stop talking shit to every one of your friends

I'm not the same boy you knew back then...

'Cause I can break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break

I can't breathe, my body's shaking.

You've got a way with the way you take me,

'Cause you break me down,

You know you break me down...

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down.

Break down these walls, I built around myself.

Let the walls break down.

'Cause you break me down,

Let the walls break down."

I hoped Jack would like it...I grabbed an acoustic guitar and tried to remember the notes I had scribbled down late at night when I couldn't sleep. As the memory flooded back, I strummed it out, tuned the guitar and decided to get Jack's attention.

"jack, Jack! JACK!" I had to yell for him to hear me through the headphones he had on.

"what?!" he said and saw I had a guitar in my hand. "Do you have a new song?!" he said excited to hear it.

"yeah, I do." I said biting my lip nervously. Maybe he won't know it's about him, but everything in there was true...I had heard him talking about how much of a dick I used to be, oh well I'll have to deal now.

"well lay it on me!" he said pulling up a stool. I started it off, and he was shocked, in love with it, but shocked. I couldn't look at him until I finished the song, and then I had to. I wanted his approval, something, anything.

"L-lex...who is that about?" he said...well more like stumbled out.

"I...uhm...someone." I said nervously and he looked at me as if he knew. At that moment he knew everything. I braced myself for a response, some kind of 'dude you're gay.' or even worse, him to walk out. Instead, he grabbed me, pulled me into a hug and whispered softly into my ear. "I knew you'd admit it eventually."

Jack knew longer than I did, and it didn't surprise him. I almost fell off my stool. Jack Bassam Barakat knew I liked him, and I'll be damned, I think he likes me too.