𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16 - 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓹

Nobody's POV
It had been a while after the expedition incident. Everything around them has changed and everyone hated it. After the incident with Maya everyone has been more gloomy. The atmosphere had a thick fog of sadness surrounding the cadets and superiors.
Commander Erwin was not his bright self once he saw Maya dead. He didn't know what to do. Maya was like the daughter that he never had. To have her taken out of his life after she had spent months outside the walls for more research on titans it was like a shot to the heart. He tried not to show his sadness through his emotions but he handled it a lot more better than a certain raven haired man.
Levi.
He hasn't left his office ever since Maya told him about her feelings for him. He got a lot more angry than usual. He would normally go around shouting at helpless cadets saying that their useless and it's their fault that Maya's gone. But in reality, she got given an order to protect everyone and retrieve Levi. So she did just that... She did it until her very last breath.

Funeral Day - Levi's POV
I was dressed in a black suit and had a black shirt in underneath my blazer. Today was the one thing that I didn't want to do. It was the one thing that I wasn't planning to do. Ever...
We were all stood around her body. Women were weeping. Men trying to hold back their tears. And then me. I didn't do or say anything.
The priest said his prayers and the funeral cane to an end.
Everyone left and it was just me, Erwin and a lifeless Maya. She still had her beauty even in death. Nothing could compare to her long golden hair. She truly was a goddess in all different forms. But underneath the beauty and goodness lied a demon. A demon that would destroy anything and everything just to be satisfied. That's the thing that drove her forward. That demon helped her kill over one hundred titans. But also cost her, her life.
Erwin came next to me and put a hand in my shoulder.
"She's in a better place Levi. She fought for humanity and saved us all. She even risked her life just to buy us some time." He said flatly.
"Was she given a choice?" I replied.
"The first set of titans I gave her the order to fight all of the abnormals in her first form."
"What if she didn't want to? What if she wanted to return back to the wall and have a decent life?" I said getting annoyed.
"Even if she didn't want to she still had an order and she carried it out in pride. When she defeated all of the abnormals she saw you. I didn't give her the order to go into further battle and risk her life just to save you. She did it out of the love that she felt for you. That's what drives her forward." He replied. I stood their shocked. For the first time I didn't know what to say. She had an order and she fulfilled it. But she came to my rescue out her own love and self pity for me?
He patted my back and walked off. Leaving me alone with her. I waked over to her body and touched her bloodied cheek.
"Your so beautiful but your also an idiot you know that?" I said to no one in particular.
"Why didn't you just go back to the walls and leave me behind? It because of me you ended up in this situation. You know I never would've imagined that you would feel the same way." I sighed a sad sigh. I had lost my reason to live in this world. The only reason that I kept fighting was to kept her safe. I fought for her. Not anyone else. First it was Isabel and Farlan. Now it's Maya...
What else could possibly go more wrong in his life?
He shed a single tear that dropped onto her cheek and he didn't even realise that he was crying.
He once porcelain skin now bloodied and wet from his tears.
"Dammit Maya why did you have to go out and die on me!?" He screamed.
He couldn't help but wonder why she kept her form a secret either. Nobody would've thought she was a monster. The only things that were left of her was her corpse and her dragons.
And he promised to take care of them. And with that he kissed her in the forehead and wiped the hair from her face. He shed one last single tear and walked away.
From that day Levi would never be the same man he once was.

Hope you enjoyed!