CHAPTER - 74 : MISSION GET ALARIC OUT OF DETAINMENT

After a few days, Venice finally got discharged from the hospital along with baby Asher. During her stay at the hospital, Stefan told Venice that Alaric was in jail because from what Damon revealed, Meredith Fell framed Alaric, saying that Ria came at her with a knife. And seeing that there's a serial killer on loose who's after the founding family members, the Salvatore brothers decided that it is safe for Venice to stay at the boarding house with them. When Venice tried to argue, the brothers said that they're not taking any chances especially with neither Ric nor Kevin being around, there's no other choice left for her.

Begrudgingly leaving Asher with Damon at the boarding house, Venice went to the McLean residence along with Stefan, to get the stuff that she required. After the two of them entered the McLean residence, they headed towards her room. Walking into her room, Stefan quickly grabbed a bag for her while Venice opened her closet and retrieved her clothes from there.  When she placed her clothes on her bed, she noticed a letter on the bed with her name written on it.

Venice took the letter and opened it. She walked towards the window and took a seat beside it and started reading it.

Venice,

Today I did things I abhor to protect the one thing I value most. My family. If anyone can understand that, it's you. Your compassion is a gift, Venice. Carry it with you. As I will carry my regret. Always and forever. 

Elijah.

Stefan started putting Venice's clothes in the bag and looked at Venice and then at the letter in her hand.

"What is that?" he asked.

"Just an apology letter... Well, kind of an apology letter... From Elijah" Venice replied and stood up.

Stefan just nodded his head in response and Venice went back to packing her stuff.

*****

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Stefan was in his room, sitting by his study table while tapping his ring finger- more like the daylight ring on it to the desk, repeatedly while twirling a pen in his other hand. His eyes were closed and he looks like he's in deep thoughts. The previous day, after bringing Venice back from the McLean residence, Venice chose to stay in a different room than staying in Stefan's, much to his dismay. Things are not the same between them anymore and Venice wasn't sure of the current dynamics of Stefan and her relationship. She wasn't even sure if they are in a relationship anymore which lead to her making that decision.

It felt very weird for Stefan, having her this close to him, yet so far away from him. So, there he was, sulking in his own bedroom, with a journal in front of him. Just then, Damon walked into the bedroom and furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the younger Salvatore while leaning to the doorframe. 

"Dear diary" Damon started, making Stefan look at him and stop the constant tapping of his ring on the table.

"A chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever" Damon said.

Stefan rolled his eyes and stood up. He grabbed his journal and closed it.

"What do you want?" he asked Damon while walking towards the huge shelf where he kept all of his journals.

" I was hoping we could hang. You know a little brother bonding" Damon said.

"I know we don't" Stefan replied.

"Actually, "hangout" " Damon started saying, making air-quotes and added, "We team up, we join forces, we activate our wonder twin powers" walking towards the shelf while Stefan walked back towards the table.