CHAPTER-20 : FINDING THE GILBERT JOURNAL

TIME SKIP (A FEW DAYS LATER):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Stefan and Venice were snuggled up, spooning in Stefan's bed. His arm was hung around her waist. Venice was the first one to wake up and Stefan woke up after a moment. He kissed her behind her ear, making her smile.

"Mmm.... Good morning" Venice said, pulling his arm tightly around her.

"I could get used to this" Stefan said, with his sleepy yet sexy voice.

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads" Damon singsonged, sitting at the edge of the bed.

Stefan and Venice immediately sat-up on the bed, getting startled by the older Salvatore's presence, pulling the covers till their necks, covering up themselves so that Damon wont see any parts that he's not supposed to see.

"Damon! Please!" Venice scolded.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked.

"Oh, stop being smutty" Damon said.

"Seriously, get out of here" Stefan told him, pulling the sheets further up on Venice, making sure that she's covered up properly.

"If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it" Damon said.

Venice rolled her eyes at him whereas Stefan glared at him.

"Care to explain why I was told to come here" A voice spoke and all the three were turned to look at the source.

It was Elena. She was looking at Damon and then at the lovebirds who were covering themselves on the bed, well mostly at Venice with raised eyebrows.

"Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss" Damon said.

Venice scoffed and asked "And it has to be now?"

" Well, we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal" Damon said and got up from the bed and turned to look at the lovebirds.

Stefan and Venice exchanged looks whereas Elena rolled her eyes at Damon.

"So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells " Damon explained, looking at the duo.

"First things first-since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty " Damon said, turning to looking at Elena, pointing at her.

"And you..." he said, turning to look at Venice.

"You're helping her on it" he said.

"Since when am I helping?" Venice asked.

"Well, Stefan's helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..." Damon said with his significant smirk.

"You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do" Stefan told Venice.

"We'll look for it today" Venice said with closed eyes and laid down on the bed, completely ignoring Elena's glare.

"Good" Damon said.

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit" Stefan said.

" In lieu of any other options" Damon said.

"Okay. What exactly is a grimoire, anyway?" Elena asked in a very high tone voice, clearly wanting to disturb Venice's sleep.

And guess what. It worked. Venice sat straight on the bed with furrowed eyebrows. She was glaring at Elena and Elena had a smirk on her face.

"It's a witch's cookbook" Damon replied, looking at Elena and then at Venice who turned her gaze from her best friend to her boyfriend's brother.