CHAPTER-38 : MEMORY LANE

THE LOCKWOOD MANSION (IN 1864):

Stefan and Katherine were dancing in the Lockwood Mansion, dressed in 1864's attire.

" Look who found his dancing shoes" Katherine said, teasing Stefan.

Stefan tried to kiss her, but Katherine stopped him by placing a finger between their faces, saying "Uh!No touching, Mr. Salvatore. Those are the rules."

" I thought you didn't believe in rules" Stefan smirked and said, while they started dancing again.

Katherine chuckled in response. Stefan glanced at Damon who was watching them.

"My brother is still upset that you chose me to escort you" Stefan told Katherine.

"Well, Damon needs to concede that his younger brother is a better dancer" Katherine said.

Both Stefan and Katherine smiled, looking at each other. Katherine then looked at the direction where Damon was standing and said "Uh..Looks like he found someone to occupy his time."

Stefan looked at Damon and stopped dancing, seeing Venice with Damon. Venice was dressed in her usual style, like a girl in 21st century. Stefan smiled looking at Venice, in love and adoration, but Venice was just looking at Damon. Damon held Venice's hands in his and they both were smiling sweetly, looking at each other. Stefan frowned seeing it. Venice looked at Stefan. Stefan started making his way towards them muttering Venice's name but Katherine stopped him saying "Stefan don't", placing her palm on his chest.

Venice and Damon started leaving the room. Venice glanced at Stefan but left with Damon. Stefan brushed Katherine's hand away and started following Damon and Venice who walked out of the mansion and the front door closed, immediately. Stefan started running in their direction, calling Venice's name, out loud and reached the door and opened it and walked outside.

He walked into the grill and looked at his surroundings. The Mystic grill was definitely not built in 1864. He then looked at his dress which was styled in his 2000's fashion, which confirmed that he's in the present time. He then walked inside, confused with what's happening and saw Venice, standing by the pool table, holding the cue, with a sweet smile on her face. He was sure that she was looking at him.

"It's your turn" Venice said, holding out the cue, in Stefan's direction.

Stefan smiled looking at her ad started towards the table, but stopped when Damon appeared in front of him and started going towards Venice.

"Be ready to loose" Damon told her and walked towards her and kissed her.

Stefan's heart broke looking at them. He looked at both of them like a lost puppy.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" a voice asked, behind him, making him turn around and look at its owner. Of course, it was Katherine, still dressed in 1864 themed attire. 

Katherine looked at direction of the pool table, making Stefan to follow her gaze and see Damon and Venice, playing pool, while Damon was leaning onto Venice and they both were playing pool together, holding the same cue.

"Now you know how I feel" Katherine said.

Stefan looked at Venice and Damon with a heart broken face and he looked like he might break down at any time.

"Don't fight it, Stefan. You loved me once. You can love me again" Katherine said, turning Stefan's face away from Damon and Venice, pulling him closer to her.

Stefan turned to look at Venice who was playing pool along with Damon, who kissed her ear, while playing it and they both looked happy and enjoying themselves. Stefan started towards them but Katherine stopped him, holding his hand, making him look at her.