CHAPTER - 82 : BACK TO SQUARE ONE

A gasp was heard around the room making the two of the occupants who were wide awake look at the source. Venice was panting and blinking heavily, looking quite groggy while the other two walked towards her, standing on either side of the bed she was lying on. She coughed heavily for a few seconds while trying to sit up, making them help her sit up, setting the pillow behind her. 

She slumped back against it heavily while a familiar voice was heard saying "Easy... Easy... Take it easy."

Venice tried looking at the source of it, but her eyes were too blurry, making her blink groggily. Just then, a brunette in doctor scrubs walked in and smiled at her while her vision faded in and out.

"Hello Venice. You're finally awake. You've been in and out for hours. How are feeling?" asked the doctor while Venice tried to focus her gaze on the former.

"Groggy..." Venice croaked out "Disoriented... Officially out of my element..."

That made the three others to chuckle.

The doctor ran a few tests on her, like checking her eyes and her heartbeat and all that and when she was done with them, she looked at her and smiled.

"Well, the vitals are good, so that's a good sign. But, we're gonna hold you in here for the night, just to be on the safer side" said the doctor, making Venice nod, while slumping back against the pillow with a sigh and close her eyes.

"Thank you... Doctor..." she said, making the doctor pause and purse her lips while looking at Venice.

"Uh... Just one more question... Can you tell me who he is? The person to your left?" asked the doctor, making Venice open her eyes and look at the doctor skeptically, but then nodded, while the other two looked at what was happening in confusion.

She looked at the person to her left and then back at the doctor "That's my brother... Kevin..."

"Great! And do you know who I am?" asked the doctor.

Venice looked at her in confusion and answered "I think you're the doctor?"

She then looked at the nametag on the doctor's scrubs and said "Dr. Fell..."

Meredith pursed her lips while her eyes held a bit of sympathy "And who is the person that's standing to your right?"

Venice sighed and looked to her right. She blinked slowly, as if she was trying her best to not close her eyes. Her eyes focused on a pair of forest-green pools, a sharp jaw and the hero hair. She then turned her head to look at Kevin in confusion and then back at the person to her right. 

"I-" she said, looking at him, then back at Kevin and Meredith Fell.

She looked back at Kevin and down at her lap in confusion while licking her lips, as if she's trying to figure out a missing piece in the puzzle.

She then, looked back at the person to her right and said "I-.... I'm sorry, do I know you?" making him freeze and visibly pale. He looked like his whole world got turned upside down.

He immediately looked at Meredith who sported a frown on her face with sympathy. 

"Venice, what's the last thing you remember?" asked Meredith.

Venice blinked a few times and looked like she was struggling to remember.

"I-.... I was driving... I was driving back home from Clarksville... It was raining heavily and I- I was on Wickery bridge... I couldn't see for a moment because of the rain and suddenly, there was car on the wrong side of the lane. I swerved my car and it went off the bridge..." said Venice, fiddling with her fingers.