CHAPTER 37 : FULL MOON

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Alaric arrived at the Salvatore boarding house and Damon immediately opened the front door, because he was literally waiting for Ric.

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon asked, letting Ric inside.

Stefan and Venice were sitting on a couch, in the living room. Venice was sipping her hot chocolate. Elena was sitting on the couch that was opposite to the one on which Stefan and Venice sat, facing them.

Ric walked inside and said "Venice mentioned you needed my help."

Damon motioned Ric to sit. Ric took his seat on the couch on which Elena was sitting. Damon stood beside the couch on which Stefan and Venice were seated.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family" Stefan told Ric.

Ric stared at Venice and the at Damon and Stefan.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's? " Ric asked.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might" Damon said, sitting on a sofa that's adjacent to both the couches.

Venice shot Damon, a look and looked.

" Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together" Elena said.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town" Stefan told Ric.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction" Ric said.

"Like that amazing vampire story" Damon piped in.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Venice asked.

She wanted to know what Ric knew because that might help her figure out why the device affected her brother and her best friend.

"The lycanthrope" Ric replied.

Damon frowned and looked at Venice and Ric and the at Stefan. Stefan also looked at Damon.

"Wait. Like werewolves?" Elena asked.

Venice remembered Isobel telling her about a few legends regarding vampires and werewolves when Venice lived with Isobel and Ric, for a year in North Carolina. Coming to think of it, she always thought those stuff are fiction.

"No way. Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney" Damon said.

"Is it?" Stefan asked.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon said.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods? " Ric asked.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler. Speaking of which.... The Gilbert device affected Kevin, too" Damon said.

Venice and Ric looked at Damon.

"And at the school carnival Tyler's uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers " Stefan said.

" It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity " Stefan added.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is " Elena said.

" Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing" Ric said.

"So can we get access to it? " Damon asked.