2X19: Klaus- Part 3

Start from the beginning

~~~

I approach Damon and, ew Andie, in the hallway of Alaric's apartment building.

"I don't think that this is a good idea," Andie tries to talk my brother out of whatever we are doing.

"And what is this idea?" I speak up.

"Great! You're here!" Damon is genuinely happier now, then turns back to Andie, "You're an investigating journalist. We're investigating."

We get up to the door and hear music playing. Damon holds out his hand motioning for Andie to knock. I am grateful that Damon didn't ask anything about being with Elijah and Elena.

"Alaric, are you home?" Andie calls out. Oh so we are playing dumb, got it. "It's Andie-Starr, Jenna's friend."

Damon looks behind us before tearing off something and motioning to Andie again. She creaks open the door to show Katherine standing there. I knew she wasn't dead.

"Thank god," Katherine sighs in relief.

"Wow! You were right, she looks exactly like Elena," Andie observes as she steps into the apartment.

"Yep," Damon sounds annoyed. Him and I try to step in, but the barrier stops us, of course. "Thought you might be dead, guess Mystal was right."

"Always am," I do a hair flip.

"Unfortunately not," Katherine states unhappily.

3P POV
"There's a whole family of Originals?" Elena is flabbergasted.

"So I take it Mystal did not share much at all?" He chuckles and goes over to a mirror. "My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children."

Elena was very eager to hear more, since Mystal in fact did not share her knowledge, "So your parents were human?"

"Our whole family was," Elijah clears up, "Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know.. we're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original Family, and from us all, vampires were created."

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead? And don't even get me started on Mystal," Elena shakes her head, not understanding.

"I need some air," Elijah ignores what she said, "I'm still feeling a tad... dead. Come." He heads outside.

Mystal's POV
"What are you doing here?" Katherine questions us.

"Yes, Damon what are we doing here?" I repeat, still not knowing.

"We are here to rescue you," Andie sing-songs.

"What?!" I yell.

"No, sweetie. We are here to see if she deserves to be rescued," Damon corrects her.

"Right," Andie points to Damon.

"Well, she isn't. There, solved," I fix the issue that wasn't an issue. "I figured you still might be kicking," I smirk rudely, "Alari-Klaus was blending way too easily."

"Figured he had probably had some coaching," Damon finishes off for me and jingles a bottle of vervain in his hands. Oh shit, no, please tell me that's not why we are here.

She gasps, "Is that..."

"Vervain? Your salvation," He responds.

"It's not going to undo anything," Katherine actually turns it down.

"There's always a loophole. Did he tell you to stay in this apartment until he said it was ok to leave?" Damon starts looking for the loophole.

I shift on my feet bored already. Katherine goes to talk but looks confused when no words come out.

"You can't say. Well, well, well, he was always a clever one," I commend.

"Did he tell you to do absolutely everything he says until the end of time?" Damon keeps interrogating.

"No," She rushes out and then her face falls realizing Damon's idea worked.

"There's your loophole," My brother smirks, "Drink this and prevent any further compulsion," He holds up the bottle again.

Katherine comes over to grab it out of his hand, but he pulls away. "Give it to me," She gets bossy.

"Answer one question first," Damon bargains. Katherine looks annoyed. "You double-crossed us with Isobel, why?"

"I didn't think you guys could stand a chance against Klaus, so I was looking out for myself," Katherine is truthful.

"And where did that get you?" I playfully stab back. She smirks and rolls her eyes.

"Here," Damon tosses her the vervain, "Be careful with that. If he finds out you have that-"

"You're never getting out of here," I interrupt, "On second thought get caught."

Damon elbows me. Katherine takes a sip and starts coughing.

"You owe us. And we will collect," Damon declares. "Come on," He says to Andie and I. Forgot she was here.

"Nice to meet you," Andie tells Katherine as she shuts the door on her way out.