Toxic Minds...

-Robyn.

"You up for a lunch at that new sushi bar I heard about?" I question Lauren as we reached our destination on the Greystone student parking lot.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I have a date." My jaw dropped in genuine shock at what had just come out of her mouth. "You? Ms.Forever alone is going on a date? What happened to you swearing off men?"

She rolled her eyes pulling her keys out of the ignition. There are times when I didn't feel like driving and just let Lauren take control of our commute to class, plus I didn't like driving my car all that much. "I know, but this ones different. He's sexy, but he's mature. I think you'd like him."

"Lauren, I've known you for all of my life. You say the same thing every time you meet a new guy. Then it turns out to be nothing more than a fling." I stated grabbing my purse off the car floor along with my phone exiting the car.

"You make me sound like some kind of whore, Rob!'' She said loudly, following behind me as I made my way up the walkway to our first morning class. "I don't think you're a whore, I just think you need to watch how you carry yourself around guys, thats all."

She rolled her eyes. "Says you."

I could see her mugging me from the corner of my eye.

"What are you trying to imply?" I asked, quite interested to hear her response. Me and this girl argued over everything. Complete opposites yet, still best friends.

"I love you, but you're so up tight. You need to let loose sometimes, keepin' your head in the books that's all good. But you're gonna look back years from now wishin' you added some type of fun into your life." Lauren said adding a shrug once she finished speaking.

"So, basically what you're saying is that I'm a bore?"

I felt a bit insulted by what she had just said I've learned accept her blunt ways, but her ass still needed to watch it sometimes.

"No, that's not what I'm saying." She continued. "Take yesterday night, for example. That waiter ... Jacob was it?"

I nodded. "Yupp. His names Jacob."

"Alright, well I'll tell you this. That boy can't do shit correctly, he's clumsy as hell. But the one thing positive I can say is that he was sexy. And when I say sexy I mean he looked good enough to take home. He could get it - all of it."

I scrunched up my nose at her comment. "That was a bit too much information,Lauren."

"Please, Rob. Last night, when you came home smilin' like you hit the lotto. It was obvious to me that you have somewhat of an attraction to this Jacob boy. Be honest."

"You have me there, he did catch my eye a bit. But not enough to do all that freaky shit you were talking about." I said laughing as she opened the door to the newly built sophomore building.

We entered the AC building an began climbing the stares, to the third floor. The elevator in this building was terribly unreliable and unfortunately for us, that meant walking up three floors of stares - in heels at that.

"There's nothing wrong with being a little freaky." She chuckled adding a snap at the end of her sentence.

"That's the thing though you're not just a little freaky. You have enough experience to teach an entire high school sex- ed class." I said laughing as we approached our class. I looked down at my watch, we were exactly five minutes early. Being on time was very important to me, being late just makes you look sloppy.

"Okay now I really think you're callin' me a hoe." Lauren spoke sucking her teeth.

I snickered. "Aye, if the shoe foots my nigga." She playfully punched my arm as we entered the room taking our separate ways as I sat on the right side of the room - and her on the left.