Sinister.

"Not too long ago... I learned your name,
A song so sweet upon my lips.
I talked the talk,
I played your games.

I set myself on fire, so you were draped in warmth.

I was drowning, you were watching.

If in fact I can't forget you...

I'll make sure my song is heard,
If your foolish pride will let you,
Let me show you what I've blurred.

I'll consume you like a flame,
If it was fate that I've met you,
It'll be fate that it ends with you.
The pain is in an instant,
Now eternal like this hell.

Now no matter what the distance,
I'm damned for life by this lust,
Cursed by your temptation.

Obsession is he over me?
Some day near you'll see,
The agony.
The deceit,
Someday soon you'll see.
Your punishment for leaving me."

-Robyn.

I placed my journal underneath my pillow and slid my pen back into the night stand stand next to my bed. My afternoon class was cancelled for the day giving me the first time in a long time to sleep in. After spending a majority of the day in bed writing I realized I needed to eat something being that I already skipped breakfast.

Dragging myself out of bed, I made my way to the kitchen and immediately grabbed my go to box of frosted flakes.

"What the hell?" I murmured out loud shaking the empty box repeatedly.

"Oh my bad, I was hungry and Lauren won't trynna make me nothing to eat." A voice behind me spoke causing me to jump.

"Who are you?" I inquired probably sounding more irritated than friendly but I wasn't one for strange men in my apartment.

He rose from the couch and sauntered over to me holding out his hand. "I'm Jayceon, nice to meet you."

I reluctantly shook his hand for less than a second and eyed his frame confused as to why he was shirtless. He was built, muscular and had a set of abs any woman would swoon for. He had tattoos trailing down from his neck to the bottom of his core. He looked well over 6'0 and was hovering over my smaller 5'6 frame.

He began to speak again only for a moment as a half dressed Lauren appeared in the room rapping herself around the man placing a kiss on his upper back. I should've figured this was another one of her one night stands.

"Sorry Robz, I forgot to tell you I had a guest over. Hope he didn't scare you." She confessed clearly forgetting our agreement to inform the other of 'late night visitors'.

"He didn't, he ate my cereal though. You'll be buying me some more next time you go out." I replied dryly grabbing some grapes from the fridge. 

"Jay! I told you not to touch anything in the fridge, boy." Lauren spat playfully slapping his arm as he held it and smacked his teeth. "Your lazy ass ain't wanna throw nothing together for me so what was I supposed to do? Starve to death?"

"No. You were supposed to take me out to breakfast." She whined taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Nah you should be taking me out to breakfast after the way I laid it down last night." He mumbled attempting to keep the comment between them as she giggled.

I made gagging noises and pushed past them as I took a seat on the couch and grabbed the remote flicking on the television. "That's what those noises were last night, gross. Thought you were watching one of those home workout videos again." I exclaimed flipping through the channels.