Poison.

{12:32 am, Downtown Chicago: "The basement''}

_______________________________________________________________________________

The air was filled with cigar smoke, the room filled with some of the most notorious gang members of Chicago. Sitting at the head of the table was Trent, a tall - muscular man with one of the longest rap sheets you could imagine. This was just a regular night for him and his boys, selling, pimin' and doing things they had absolutely no business doing. However this night wasn't like the others, this night Trent had something different in mind.

''Caleb, I got something I need you to handle for me." Trent said eyeing him from across the table.

"What's up man? You know I got you, just name it." He responded eager to please. Caleb had been Trent's right hand man since childhood, however being that he was younger he always felt as though he had something to prove. Caleb knew how dangerous Trent could be boys or not.

"I need you to find me whatever information you can on Jacob Perez. Address, where he works, what time he gets home, all dat' shit." He gritted his teeth just thinking about Jacob, the only person who didn't quite know of his stature and power he had over the streets of Chicago - not yet at least.

"Aight but... who is he? Y'all got beef?" Caleb inquired lighting the blunt he retrieved from his pocket.

"You know that chick I been fuckin' with for some time now?" Silence filled the air until he got a response, as many females as Trent messed with on a regular basis the question would require some thought.

"That Kierrah girl? Shawty that live off Crenshaw?" He spoke finally after going through a list of possible names.

"Yeah nigga, anyways. Her baby Daddy comes and steps to me in the house I paid for, on some disrespectful shit. He was tellin' her she shouldn't have people like me around. I'm payin for everything that bitch got and he gone tell me I don't need to be around?"Trent clenched his fist in anger thinking back to the events that took place that day.

It was true, he did pay for everything Kierrah had. She's always been the type of woman who feels it's necessary that a man takes care of her, a majority of the things she buys for the child her and Jacob share comes from money he provides her with. The money Jacob pays in child support monthly adds onto the money

Trent gives her for her nails, clothes and other expenses solely based on her own needs. To put it shortly the girl was selfish and greedy.

"Damn. That nigga has to be crazy, he must not know who the fuck you are. Or who we are, should I say." Caleb exclaimed snickering at the thought of what he would done if he had been there...

He might not have been as powerful as Trent, but he was just as ruthless. Growing up in the neighborhood they did you really didn't have much of a choice.

"I ain't neva seen him before, definitely not on my streets either I would have remembered him. All I know is that was his strike one and if he gets to his third - Violet won't have no one but me to call Daddy." Trent spoke meaning every single word, he's put a bullet through the chest of many and another one to add onto his list didn't bother him whatsoever.

"Well I'll dig up whatever information on him I can find and get back to you asap." Caleb said getting up from his seat. He reached over the table and dapped Trent. They may have just been childhood friends but their bond was as if they were blood. If anyone were to fuck with either of them, it would be over.

"Aight fam, hit me up when you got somethin' for me." Trent stated getting up from the table and putting out his blunt in the process. He spent late nights in ''The Basement'' on a regular basis, he did business here as well as other things. One of the main reasons he was with Kierrah was because he never had to lie about where he was. She knew exactly what kind of guy Trent was, but loved him regardless and the fact that he was funding her lifestyle was just icing on the cake.