Poetic Justice. | Jacob Perez Story |

| Robyn |

"Loving the hateful eyes ,You ravished your soul.

It's time you stood tall ,tomorrow we reach the sun.

And outrun the shadows to eternal light , a palace for peace of mind.

The boy has grown but never abandoned his true identity.

Fear .. violence..  dominance and lust."

I paused looking down at the crowd. As they glanced back up at me, I knew I had their full attention. I continued.

"The truth can remain hidden but it never dies, Your actions are sinister. Though, I see the good within the caged emotions of your heart. I constantly feel as if I'm floating on an endless black cloud, And just as I get comfortable. I begin falling ... falling through broken dreams. No time is waisted in the dimly lit seconds Between fascination and action.'Everything becomes dark. Why does it feel as though suddenly I'm in the absence of light? Maybe because you've departed. I gave you my all, I've already lost you .. but as I say this I remember that I never really had you to begin with. I see you constantly, In my dreams. Though - as you appear dreams turn to nightmares, The light abandons me and I feel as if I'm hallow inside. To touch you - To hold you - To see you once more, But knowing I can't drives me into a path of destructive insanity"

As I finished, I hear snaps from the crowd sitting below me. I smile, placing the mic back into it's stand and left the stage. It was Sunday, I was a regular at Ronny's held at a local downtown club shut down specifically on Sunday's for open mic night's offered to the public.

"That was great Rob,You got skills girl! " Lauren, spoke I took my seat next to her. "I wouldn't say all that, I'm okay" I slipped my notebook back into my bag and placed it on the floor.

"Okay my ass." She said jokingly as I laughed, rolling my eyes. "I'm serious, I ain't all that. Now you, you can write. I don't know why you don't get up there and read some of your stuff."

She sighed. "We've been through this before child, nobody wants to hear what I have to say-" I interrupted. "That's a lie! If people can sit and listen to my poetry then I know they'll definitely listen to yours!" She shrugged and took a sip of her drink. "If,you say so."

"Has my drink come yet?" I asked, slowly growing impatient. I asked for a drink before I had went onstage, that was fifteen minutes ago.

"Nah, that waiter has no idea what he's doing. He brought me two different drinks before he finally got the one I had wanted in the first place." She shook her head as I chuckled. Lauren's been, my best friend for as long as I can remember. People always mistake us for sister's.Never understood why, But they do.

Another ten minutes went by, and I was officially about to die from thirst. "Waiter!" I called out to the guy sporting an all black uniform. I can tell he was startled by my outburst, he quickly spun around almost dropping all the plates and dishes he was holding.

He stumbled over to our table, greeting us with a small smile as he approached the table. "Can, I help you?" He asked, I detected an accent in his voice. This boy had an Afro from what I can see, it was pulled back into a pony tail so I couldn't really tell.

"Yeah, I ordered a drink twenty five minutes ago. And it still hasn't gotten hear yet." I said, as politely as possible. This boy looked stressed, the place was packed tonight. He was probably being flooded with orders.

"Oh I'm sorry, as you can see I'm a bit busy tonight." I nodded looking around the room at how crowded the place really was. "I can see that"

He laughed a bit, I took a minute to examine this boys face. He was sexy, that's for sure. I've never seen him here before so he must be new. "So um you wanted the ice tea right ... or was it the lemon-" In the midst of looking around his tray for the correct drink he knocked the entire thing over. My white jeans were now stained with food scraps and drinks.