Naked Souls (12)

Mulai dari awal

"Like? I LOVED IT, Maine. Sobra. Yung puso ko gustong sumabog sa saya."

"..."

"You're really are glowing. I love seeing your eyes that way, Maine."

"And thanks to you. It's true, I like this version of me better."

"And I love how you're making me feel too, now love. You just don't know how much your presence made me better too."

"...but RJ, will we ever survive this time?"

"Wait...I hear uncertainties, there."

"..."

"Maine...look at me, tell me what you're thinking. Honesty, remember?"

"..."

"Is there something I need to know? Your silence gives you away. You have to tell me, please."

"..."

"Lalim na naman ng buntong-hinga. Love, look at me. Yes, that's better. Now, tell me what's bothering you?"

"May nakarating kasing balita sa akin."

"..and that is?"

"Sinabi na ni Arjo yung nangyari sa amin sa pamilya niya, and galit daw sa akin mama niya. Parang they will have a presscon daw."

"Go on..."

"Ayokong makasakit ng tao, RJ, as much as possible. Kung pwede ako nalang, pero, is it bad na ganito ako, RJ? Alam ko some people find my personality too strong. Is my being honest and brutal at times in words a bad thing?"

"No, of course not. Maine, that is who you are, and you don't have to explain to people, na ha-highlight lang because we are in the public eye."

"Paano ba maging ikaw pagdating sa tao at sa fans, RJ?"

"No. Maine. Magkaiba tayo, that is who you are, this is me. You have to know that I've accepted all your flaws, and I hope, you've accepted my flaws too. I don't want you to pretend either to be someone you're not. I don't want you to force yourself to change just because people say you have to. I don't want you to think that there's something wrong with you, every time people can't handle your truth. I want you to be just you, because in the first place that is what I love about you."

"Am I making you better, RJ? Because, to me, you make me better."

"The pessimist in you is showing again. Love, Define better?"

"..."

"You think I make you better and you're not making me better?"

"Yes."

"Ganito nalang. If waking up in the morning and seeing myself in a mirror as genuinely happy as I can be, and because that happiness comes from within it shows outside and that makes me more inspired to be the best version of myself to my family and friends, co-workers, and especially to you. Tell me, love, hindi pa ba sapat yun to say that someone's presence in my life makes me a better person?"

"Thank you, RJ."

"We are defined by relationships, Maine. Our motivations to work, to reach our dreams, to love and be loved, those are all connected by the relationships we create. How we treat others reflects the relationships we have for ourselves too. If you want to make yourself better, then we look at how we handle our relationships."