The white room

Chapter 5

I slowly opened my eyes, all I could see was white. White walls, white furniture, white clothes, white everything. The smell of Anti-oxidents and drugs filled my nostrils, along with a ting of blood and sorrow. A hospital. I was in a hospital. As my eyes open a little bit wider I noticed a blurry figure at the end of my cot. It was a little bit bigger than a cot, actually but due to the fact I have a queen bed at home, this felt like a cot. As my vision starts to sharpen and I begin to see normally again, the face suddenly becomes clear. Doosh bag. Colten, the cheater, the guy who broke down my walls only to tear my heart apart, the guy who I thought I could trust. What was he doing here?. I dont want him. I dont need him.

"Mr. Harvard? Visiting hours are over." a voice says that faintly comes to ear shot.

"okay." I hear his deep voice vaguely say. I watched as he stood up, and left the room. My vision becoming blury again.

"mrs.Dorbeck? Are you awake?" The voice says sweetly and calming.

"erm, yes. Where am I? why am I here?" I muster out.

"You where knocked out by a motorbike honey. You are in bad shape." The nurse says.

"oh." Was all I could say. I really dont remember what had happened to me. Last thing I remember is finding the doosh bag sitting in his room snogging with that bitch who was destined to ruin everything I had that made me happy. I saw the nurse, get up and say something but I stopped listening. I looked down to my body, covered by these thin sheets, that is when i noticed the various different kinds of wires and tubes attached to my body. 

I looked back up from my bed to see no one standing there, I guess the nurse left... I looked around my room to see if anything was around me that could occupy me even for the slightest amount of time. Then I noticed my phone, Oh thank god my phone wasn't hurt. Then I noticed the light at the top of my phone continously changing colours from red to green to yellow to blue to purple. I looked at my phone for a minute before deciding that I should read and listen to how people have been trying to reach me. 

When I unlocked my phone a various number of messages and voice mails where awaiting me. Mostly from my mother, Linda, Tia and Julia and about 3 from Colten, I deleted the texts from Colten almost immediatly and read the ones from Tia, Julia, and Linda they hadnt found out yet about my accident, so I decided to make a Facebook Status about why I am not replying. I closed my inbox and opened my facebook app.

for people trying to reach me or wonder where i am, i wrote, i am in the hospital, last night i was going for a run to work off anger when i was brutely ran into by a careless motorcylist, sorry for not responding. I clicked enter and before I knew it i had comments like:

WHAT? what happened more details?? or Inbox me. 

along those lines. I was too tired and still drowsy to answer their questions so I let it be. A few secondes later I heard a knocking at the door on the right side of my room. When I looked to see who it was it wasn't someone I recognised. He had dark brown hair in a curly flip to the side and dazzling green eyes. "Oh um, im sorry I must have the wrong room." he said in a deep voice. He didn't look much older than I was "No that's okay, you werent distrupting anything... obviously." I said just before he exited the room, he turned back to me.

"Im Jake." he said sheepishly comeing over to my bed. Ya I know he's a stranger but Im bored and desperate. Im willing to take a chance.

"Jojo." I say. "So why are you in the hospital?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I am a care taker, I take care of the people here who can't take care of them selves" He said looking down. He gave me a kind of shy but adorable type of vibe. Im warming to people like him. 

I gave him a kind of blank look which he obviously understood quickley because he explained to me what kind of work a care taker does. 

"Im supposed to be taking care of a girl named Johanna right now, but so far no one in this hospital is named Johanna." He said standing up.

"actually," I say "Your looking at her" he turned around quickley and went to the end of my bed. He picked up the clip board the woman had earlier and read it over. 

"Oh so you are. Why did you introduce you self as Jojo then?" he asked. 

"I dont live up to the name Johanna. To fancy and covered in 'im rich so bow down' " He let out a low chuckle to that. "how old are you?" I ask. Come on if you had a hot guy in your hospital room all alone, what wouldnt you ask him?

"Im 19. And it says here" he says looking back down at the clip board, "that your 16." he was right. He was hot. Young for a care taker but if he's mine untill im out of here, im not arguing. 

"Alright." He began talking "Let me see that arm of yours." he walked over to my bed and I could smell his hollister cologne. He picked up my right arm and wrote somethings down on the clip board. "yup, looks like you have a sprained elbow." he said. "I will be back with doctor Khoo to tell you what is going to happen." he said with a smile, a wink and left the room.

Damn was that wink hot, his hair and his eyes. Everything I loved in a guy. Wait, what was I thinking I just got out of a relationship yesterday and Im already on the hunt?! Wasnt I supposed to morn or some shit? Well, I was left alone again, but this time all I could think about was Colten and what he did to me. Sure Jake was way hotter but I just met him.

---------------------

"Johanna where the fuck were you! you had me worried sick!" My mom comes storming into my hospital room screaming, wow, wake up from a nap because of anti biotics and this is what I wake up too.

"Well obviosly I was here." I snap back, why treat someone with respect if they just scream at you? Good point right?

"Why the fuck would you be here?!" She yelled again. I noticed the nurse next to my mom wincing at her ear drums probably exploding because of this.

"Go away." I mumble closing my eyes and covering my head with the thin flannel sheets that had been placed over me by Jake A few hours ago. 

"NO! " She screams.

"Ma'm I would hate for our patient here to be stressed she can not handle loud yelling right now." The nurse coming to my ears rescue (and probably hers) escorted my mom out of my room. I took the covers off of my head and was welcomed by a empty white room. Thank god. 

"JO?" I hear a deep male voice boom through my room. I look up to Colten.

"I dont want to see you, you lieing cheat!" I say. I lied. After I fell asleep I noticed I missed him. His face still disgusted me but I did want to see him.

"I know, I know I understand. But will you ju-" I cut him off short.

"Yah yah yah, you just want me to listen to your side of the story. Well you know what? If you cheated on me, Im not going to just "take you back" when you come crawling back." I said. I would be yelling but the fatigue was still takeing me over.

"Jo, will you please just listen to me? I know what I did was wrong. But I dont know what ca-" 

"leave." I said cutting him off. Again. "Just leave."

With no answer or reply or comment he just shoved his hands in his pocket and left, before he was completely out of my room, He turned around.

"I love you." Then left. Great, just great. He just told me he loved me. WHY! GOD WHY!