It's a Party! (Pray)

(A/N: Hello! Thank you for deciding to read my story! Just a fair warning, the next one-shot includes underage drinking, hangovers, fluffy moments, mild cursing, and a start to the enemies to lovers trope. So if any of that isn't your style, please don't make yourself uncomfortable, find something else to read that's a bit more you! Please go light on the constructive criticism for now, this is one of my first fanfic's and I don't think I can take a lot on my writing right now! Thank you for reading my warnings, and I hope you either have a good read or a good day!)

_____——-~~~~~•••••~~~~~——-_____

Palette didn't even know why he thought coming to a house party was a good idea. The music was too loud, the living room of the poor family that lived there was crowded and the carpet littered with trash, and on top of that the friend who invited him didn't even show up. The skeleton took another sip from his cup, he didn't quite know what he was drinking but it tasted like some sort of fruity alcohol. Palette knew he shouldn't be drinking, but age never stopped a bad bitch.

    The starry-eyed teenager drunkenly stumbled toward the entrance to the kitchen, his heels making a clacking sound on the polished wood once he swayed his way in. He caught himself on the dark wood of the table, pulling a chair up to him and plopped down. The powder blue, flared skirt that covered most of his femurs scattered in his lap. He held his skull in his hands as the pounding music slowly faded, causing him to glance around at the visibly less filled kitchen. There were maybe 3 other people, two girls sharing drinks and some guy passed out on the counter. Palette squinted, he thought he recognized the clothes the teen was wearing, but brushed it off. The skeletal teenager reached for his cup, but grasped thin air. He glanced up once again, scanning the table blearily. It wasn't with him anymore, but Palette couldn't be bothered to go look for it. He lowered his head onto the table, closing his eyes for what was supposed to be only a second. But by the time he was shook awake, most of the house was cleared out.

    Cray wasn't having the best of days, and as soon as he caught wind that there was a party, he decided that he was going to get piss drunk.

    The tall skeleton weaved his way through the crowd, two bottles in his hands. He leaned against a wall, sliding down the chipped wallpaper to rest on the shaggy carpet. Cray lifted both glass bottles and chugged as much as he could. Pulling away for air, he took a deep breath and finished off the bottles. His mind was a fog, and the music pounded and echoed throughout his skull. The teen threw the bottles on the already trashed floor and picked himself up using the wall for support. Cray slouched forward, his feet feeling heavy. He blinked once, and he was on a marble counter. His tank top's luminescence irritated his tired eyes. He threw an arm over his face and slowed his breathing. The skeleton tried to gage just how drunk he was, concluding that he downed at least five bottles. His head ached and his legs were hot, he was glad he was wearing shorts.

    The dull throb in Cray's head eventually ebbed away, convincing him to sit up. The countertop he slept on made his shoulder blades ache, and his arm was cramped. He stretched his left arm, rubbing his shoulder blades with his other hand. The skeleton shook his head gently, swinging his legs over the side of the counter. Once the tennis shoes hit wood, Cray rolled his shoulders forward. His eye lights did a quick scan of the room. Nothing in particular, just some kid passed out in a chair. The teenager stared at the hat on the person, it seemed familiar. But there was just enough of a difference for Cray to shrug it off, slowly walking over to the sleeping figure. He placed his hand on the kids shoulder, shaking it gently. A slew of grumbled out words met him, as well as starry yellow eyes. Cray instantly recognized those eyes, having been met with the harsh molten glare many times before. It was a bit jarring to see familiarly jaded eyes looking soft, but he snapped out of it. Cray extended his hand out to Palette, who took it graciously. The taller skeleton helped Palette balance, his legs were weak and the heels weren't helping. He groaned, leaning against Cray for support as he led him out of the house.

    Cray unlocked the door to his dad's house, leading his companion inside. The home smelled like pine, and the carpet was pristine. The taller skeleton hesitantly let go of Palette, who whined and leaned against the salmon walls, trying to make up for the lost support. Cray leaned down and untied his shoes, leaving them next to the doorway. He looked over at the smaller skeleton, who by now was sitting on the floor. The blush that overtook Cray's face burned as he kneeled down, gently grabbing Palette's legs and unlatching the straps that held up the bottom of the shoe. This was going to be a long day.

    Palette let Cray lead him out of the house the party was held at, his entire body ached and right now he didn't care if it was Cray who was helping him. They had clashed in the past, the anger carrying through the months. But if he didn't except his help, the smaller skeleton certainly wouldn't be able to leave the house for another hour at least. The sidewalk was mostly empty, as it was still relatively early and not many people were out at this hour. The light of day began to seep through the trees lining the left side of the pavement, dappling the sidewalk in scattered sun rays. Palette could only hope they made it to Cray's house before it became too bright, as it would give him a headache and grant ample opportunity for people to see them. Neither of the boys looked presentable, Palette's skirt was wrinkled and he was stumbling around like a baby deer. Cray's shirt seemed to ride up and stick to his spine. Both of their hats sat crooked on their heads. Luckily, they made it there just around 7 am. The house was rather big, a garish green painted the majority of the house, accented with browns. Palette wasn't able to think on it too long, as Cray had already dragged him inside. He felt the taller skeleton's grounding embrace leave his body, and leaned against the nearest wall for some semblance of the support that abruptly vanished. His legs weren't strong enough to actually hold his weight, and he ended up sliding down the salmon walls, coming to a rest on the white carpet. He vaguely felt Cray's presence, feeling gentle hands work his indigo colored heels off of his sore feet. His sense of reality was quickly dissipating, having only gotten around 3 hours of rest.

Soon after, he felt strong arms lift him up bridal style. Feeling soft sheets under his body, Palette snuggled into them, sensing Cray's presence lie down on the opposite side of the bed. An arm quickly made its home across the skeleton's shoulder and sternum. Palette let it move in, passing out moments later, feeling content.

_____——-~~~~~••••••~~~~~——-______
(A/N: That was 1301 words total, worked on within the course of three days. Hope you enjoyed, leave me a request on my request chapter if you liked this one!)