Chapter 71.

Connor's POV.

Being chased by 50 wolves is scary, let me just point that out. We have no help where we are. We're alone and are being chased by 50 wolves and I have no idea what to do.

My main goal is to keep Amber safe. She's my priority. I don't care if I have to kill as wolves to keep her safe. If it means she survives then that's what I'll do.

We are running at our top speeds. I can hear their snarls as they get closer. I can tell Amber is panicking. I can feel it through our bond.

I can feel wolves gaining on us. Their after me. I know it. Then I get an idea.

' Amber. I need you to do something for me. ' I say over our mind link.

' Yes Connor?" She asks.

' When I say go I want you to run that way back towards the others. I'll lead the rest away. ' I say.

' WHAT!! Connor are you insane?!" She yells.

' I have a plan Amber. I can't do the plan right if I have to worry. I will always remain worried about you, but I need you to trust me. ' I say.

' I will always trust you. ' she says.

' Then please split up when I say go. I will see you again shortly. ' I say.

I can tell she feels very upset about this. ' Fine. I'm keeping you to that Connor. '

Relief fills me. She'll make it to the others and will be safe. Good.

As the wolves get closer and I can see the wood line leading to a clearing I look at her. ' I love you Amber. Go!!' I say.

' Love You too. ' the second we burst into the clearing she takes off to the left. A few wolves head after her, but like I guessed, they were all after me.

This is the clearing I trained at with Kurt and John. I know what I can do here. As I'm running fast down the hill I speak to me wolf. ' You ready for this?'

He responds almost instantly. ' Let's do this!' I grin in my mind and tap fully into my wolf senses. I don't look anywhere aside from ahead of me. A wolf is nearing my back feet and I can almost feel it nipping at my legs trying to bite me. Not going to work you stupid wolf.

It then lunges and I dodge it using my senses. It hits the ground and tumbled into about five wolves.

I continue to run and gain more speed. As I'm nearing the free line I feel about six wolves behind. At least that's how many I can feel.

As they pick up speed and are almost on me I dodge to the right and they smack straight into the trees that were there.

I can feel my wolf cheering. I continue to run and dodge, taking down as many wolves as I can on my own.

As other wolves are coming I jump up and tree and they slam onto it. I don't come down though.

I switched back to my human form then and climbed into the tree. Tree climbing when I was little sure helped me at this moment.

I manage to go from tree to tree losing them as best as I can before diving off and shifting back to my wolf and break into the next clearing.

I hear howls of anger and yips or aggravation from the wolves still following me.

It's less now. I took down about twenty of them so far. As I'm running they start to form a half circle around me.

Kind of like they were going to heard me somewhere. Not going to happen buddy.

I suddenly shift back to my human form and stop dean in my tracks. I dodge to the left and roll out from under the wolf that was there.

Somehow I managed not to get trampled by that wolf before I was back as my wolf and running again.

The training I did with them really did pay off. I few had tripped over each other trying to get by.

I wish I could have seen it, but I can't since I'm keeping my eyes looking straight in front  of me.

However as I am trying to get farther one wolf finally manages to bite my back leg and jerk me to a stop.

I end up falling and yelp in pain as his teeth sank in deeper. They surrounded me and many were trying to bite at me while the one still had his teeth in my leg.

I thrashed and fought as hard as I could. Snarling and snapping at the ones closest to me.

Crap this is bad. Then I hear something behind all the wolves. Suddenly their all gone. Including the one that had my leg.

I look to see what happened. There standing up was the last person I expected. Alpha Anthony.

I shifted back. His guards he brought with him were chasing the others away.

" I thought you didn't want to help?" I asked.

He smiled. " I couldn't just sit by and let someone die for something they didn't do. Get up Connor. Our jobs not done. " he said offering me his hand.

I grinned and took it, allowing him to pull me to my feet. " How's your leg?" He asked.

" Healing fast. Thank you. " I said.

" Anytime. Now let's get you somewhere safe. " he said.

I nod and we shift into our wolves and take off running again. My wolf only had a slight limp that soon went away.

We made it into the tree line again when Alpha Anthony suddenly stopped.

' I sense your father. Keep running. I'll hold him off. Don't look back for anything. ' he yells at me over mind link.

' Yes Alpha. ' I say as I continue to run.

Crap. My dad must be following my scent. Soon enough I'm on my own. I have to stop for a breath though.

I don't know where on the pack grounds I am, but it's beautiful.

The shade from the tree and the small creek nearby. I can hear the wind howl through the woods.

I'm shocked Alpha Anthony showed up. I wasn't expecting him. I'm glad he showed up then. He must have been thinking about it.

I need to contact Amber. However, just as I'm about to I heard a snarl from the woods next to me.

I freeze where I am. I don't even breath as my dads wolf slowly emerges from the trees.

' There you are. Now I can finish what I started. ' he growled to me.

Fear fills me, crap this is so bad.

Comment and vote.

A/N. A few more chapters left in this story. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next one will still be in Connor's POV. Until then :-)