Chapter 62.

Connor's POV.

The next morning we're up early and at the pack house awaiting the arrival of Alpha Benjamin.

I'm nervous. Tomorrow is the day of the pack war. I'll have to face my father again.

I just hope we can talk some sense into him to avoid this pack war. People don't need to die because of me.

Others will say it's not happening because of me, but it is because of me. I'm the reason this is all happening.

I wish I could just stop everything and figure out a way to make this work without bloodshed.

I then feel amber staring at me. I look over at her. She's glaring at me. ' We will be talking about those thoughts going around in your head later. ' she says over mind link.

Crap I forgot she could see my thoughts now over our bond. I simply nod. I don't know what else I would say.

" He's here. " says Alpha George.

A few minutes later we see Alpha Benjamin's wolf and about thirty other wolves running towards us. Soon they stop and shift back.

" Welcome Alpha Benjamin. " says Alpha George.

" Thank you Alpha George. " says Alpha Benjamin.

He then looks at Kurt and grins. " Looks like your power has grown. "

" I'm making him Alpha of the pack today and announcing it to the pack after lunch. " says Alpha George.

Alpha Benjamin smiles and what he does next surprises us all. He lowers himself to one knee and bows his head in respect to Kurt.

" I'm honored to be present for today Alpha Kurt. i look forward to seeing the work you will do and the new things you will bring to this pack in the years to come. " he says.

He willingly submitted to Kurt. That's a true Alpha thing to do.

" Thank you Alpha Benjamin. " says Kurt.

Alpha Benjamin then stood up. He merely grinned at Kurt. Alpha George laughed.

" Get used to this my son. This will be your life now. As long as you respect the Other Alpha's, they will show their respect to you. " says Alpha George. Kurt smiles up at his father.

We went into the pack house then. " we will catch up with you soon. I need to talk to Connor for a minute. " says Amber. Uh oh.

Alpha George nods before they head on before us. Amber grabs my arm and pulls me into a room. She closes the door and looks at me.

" Ok spill. What's on your mind right now? " she said.

I sigh. " I feel like this is all my fault. What am I supposed to do if someone dies during this pack war. It's all on me. Their fighting for me. To protect me and any death will be on me. It'll be my fault. " I say.

She grabbed my face with both hands and made he look directly at her. " None of this is your fault ok. It's the Boss Rogues and it's your fathers fault. If a wolf dies tomorrow, it's their own choice because they are willingly to lay down their lives. It's their choice ok. It won't be your fault. It will never be your fault. " says Amber.

" I know. It's just hard when tomorrow is the day. I'll have to face my father again. What if we end up killing him. I don't want to lose the only blood family I got left. " I say.

" Sweetie, it'll be ok. We will stop all this tomorrow and if it comes down to it and something happens to your father, you don't have to worry. I'm your family now and I love you more then anything. " says Amber.

I sigh and nod at her. I believe everything she said. I'm just scared.

" I'm scared too. " says Amber. I look up at her. " I have you though and you have me. "

I nod. She then kisses me. I kiss her back right away. " I love you Amber. So much. " I say.

" I love you too. " she says.

" Don't think like that again. Ok. " she says.

I nod. " I won't. Thank you Amber. " I say. She always knows how to calm me down. How did I get so lucky to have a mate like her?

The two of us then walk out and head to the pack meeting room where the others were.

We sit down next to John. Kurt is talking to them about the plans he has for tomorrow.

" Since we don't know what time Alpha Conan will arrive with his pack, I want to move the men, woman and children who will not be fighting with us to the cells we have prepared like bed rooms in the pack prison. " says Kurt.

" That sounds like a good idea Alpha Kurt. " says Alpha Benjamin.

" I would like to thank John for all the work he and some of the others did in moving the prisoners and making those cells suitable for children and their families. " says Kurt.

" Good job John. " says Alpha George.

We all grin. " Alpha Lucas should be here before lunch and Alpha Ronan should be here just before the announcement to the pack. " says Alpha George.

We all nod. " So every pack you went to agreed to help you aside from Alpha Anthony. " says Alpha Benjamin.

We nod. " Yes. I was not expecting every pack we went to, to help us. However, I am thankful for the four packs that said yes. " says Alpha George.

" I am glad we are able to help you Alpha George. " says Alpha Grace.

He smiled at her. " I don't know where tomorrow will lead, but I'm sure whatever happens will turn out for the best. " says Alpha George.

" I look forward to standing by your side tomorrow and if it turns into a fight, I look forward to having your back. " says Alpha Benjamin.

" I'm right with him. It would be a honor. " says Alpha Grace. We all nodded and thanked them.

Hopefully this pack war won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I'm getting closer to the end of the book. Don't worry though. There is a third book coming right after this one. Thank you to all who have read this book so far. I'm glad you've enjoyed. I sure have enjoyed writing it. The next chapter will be Alpha George's POV. I hope you enjoyed this one. Until next time :-)