Chapter 16: Roar of Flames

Jessup stares at a map of New Orleans as they docked.

"We must travel the final 26 miles via car." Jerimiah alarms.

"What? Do we have a car? And exactly where are we going?" Zoran asks.

"Our immediate destination is the Lakefront Airport. From there, we fly to Toronto, Ontario. Further orders will await us in China Town." He replies.

Not wanting to come across as a pessimist, Zoran kept additional questions to himself as he looks to Molly.

"I know you are worried. Let's just make it to the car for starters." Zoran whispers.

Running to a covered lot, Jerimiah enters a password into a keypad. They enter hastily, making their way to a black Yukon. They load the cases and took off.

Opening the glove box, Jerimiah removes a map. The map is blank. Lifting it to his face, he whispers, then blows a short breath onto the paper. It begins to glow as a single section turns red. He places the map in Zoran's lap, turns to Molly, You may want to hold on. Placing his hand over the red spot sends the Yukon into what Zoran can only describe as hyperspeed. 

In a blink, Zoran opens his eyes to see planes. Molly vomits as Zoran and Jerimiah exit the truck to a familiar wide-eyed man. It is Father Jeffery. Zoran helps Molly as Father Jeffery and Jerimiah speak.

Zoran and Molly walk over.

"It is good to see you again Zoran." He says.

"And you." Zoran replies.

"This way." He says.

He leads them to a jet. Zoran helps Molly board and exits to speak to the priest. 

"Musfall is gone. I just thought you should know. Zoran interrupts.

Zoran reboards the jet. Looking outside, he sees Father Jeffery taking a cloth handkerchief to his face.  Jerimiah and the priest exchange words, shake hands, then Jerimiah boards.

"So will that map jump us to Canada?" Zoran sarcastically asks.

"I am afraid it only works on vehicles." Jerimiah responds.

Zoran fastens Molly in her seatbelt and then himself. He tries as best he can to explain flying to her then Kalera shifts to the forefront of his mind. What would she think of magical maps and men?  He lays back and closes his eyes, hoping to see her, if only for a moment in his dreams.

A condor lands near Kalera's feet as a flock hovers above Xavgon.

"What message have you received?" Ask Ton.

"A message from Lord Daigle of Grayler. Ager has been granted absolute power. What does this mean?" She asks.

"It means he dismantled the Guardians of the Keys. There is no one to check him." Maliki responds.

"They were all evil men." She replies.

"Not Daigle. I knew his father. He hates Ager and the Guardians of the Keys." Maliki responds.

"Not all of them apparently were evil men" Ton says sarcastically. 

"You have every right not to trust Jessup. It was not easy finding him here, but Xavgon believes in him so must I." Kalera replies. 

"There is more. Shelleeann and Genna survived the Dark Forest. They are both being held at Mason. But we still have no word about Molly, Sundo, or Celest." Ton informs. 

Ton leads Kalera to a tent. Entering, she finds Hiddard at the table. 

"I am grateful for your swift recovery Lord Larks." Kalera said.