chapter eleven

"Shawn this probably isn't the best time to say this but," She paused, do I really want to do this? "I found a guy."

"I know," Shawn smiled. "I see the way you and Daniel look at each other."

"So, you're not mad?" She asked.

"You can't control feelings, Aurelia. If you love each other and you know he's the one, then don't let anyone get in the way. Sure, he's not a prince, but that doesn't mean he's not a good man."

"Thank you, Shawn," She smiled. "What about mom n' dad?"

"Just don't tell them until you really have to," He replied with a shrug. "But anyway, are you feeling okay? I'm sorry the past couple of days haven't been great. You're so fucking strong that you've just kept going."

"Yeah, I'm okay I guess," She tried to smile. "You've helped me so much, Shawn! I mean, you moved out of the castle for me!"

"I love you!" He exclaimed, hugging his little sister. "I'll call Daniel back in n' we can talk together."

"Okay," She smiled; Aurelia let go of Shawn before he walked over and opened up the door.

"Yes- no, your majesty she- yes, but- yes your majesty, I'll tell her right away," Daniel said into the phone before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Shawn whispered with a concerned frown.

"Um, your mom wants us- me to tell Aurelia about school."

Shawn's shoulders sank, "okay, maybe it's for the best she finds out sooner than later."

Daniel nodded then walked into the room and up to the princess, "Can we talk? It's important."

"Of course, what's wrong?"

"So, because your face was all over the news, um, the kids at school are all gonna realize who you are. But uh, they already did," Daniel explained. Aurelia was very confused. "Your parents they- they were paying everyone thousands of dollars for keeping their mouths shut and treating you like an average student."

"Why? Why did they do this? Ohmygod! Does that mean they're gonna make me go back to school Monday? Wait, no then I can't be seen with you! Because then my parents will find out I lo-"

"Shh, it's okay!" Daniel hushed her and pulled her into a hug. "You're gonna have to go back to school, but I'm not leaving your side, okay? I'm sorry you have to go through so much and I'm sorry I can't stop everything from happening; I wish I could just keep you safe right here forever."

***

Aurelia tiptoed into Daniel's bedroom and looked to see if the young man was still awake.

"Aurelia? What are you doing?" He asked, sitting up, "What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep, Daniel," She whispered.

"Do you wanna sleep with me?" He pushed back the covers and stood up. She nodded before he hugged her and pulled her into bed with him. They giggled softly then Daniel pulled the covers over them.

Aurelia wrapped her legs around him and buried her face into his bare chest.

"Comfy love?" He whispered with a smile as he kissed her forehead.

"Mmhm," She hummed, "but you missed." He smirked and kissed her lips softly.

"I love you," He smiled.

"I love you too," She replied. Within the next ten or so minutes they were both fast asleep in each other's arms.

***

Daniel woke up earlier than Aurelia and went to shower. He washed his hair and face before getting out and drying off. He didn't have to do anything with his hair because it was basically perfect no matter what. He wrapped a towel around his waist and walked to his dresser to find something to throw on for the school day. He got dressed then went to wake up the princess.

"Who am I kidding?" He whispered to himself. "She'll never want to be mine, she's too perfect for me. Why am I even trying?" He then touched her cheek and whispered, "princess, it's time for school."

"I love you, Daniel," She sat up and hugged him. She had heard what he said and it broke her heart that he was thinking he wasn't good enough. He was the best thing that ever happened to her and she couldn't tell him enough about how much she loved him.

"I love you too," He kissed her forehead and smiled, "I don't think your brother would approve of us sleeping together so why don't you run on over to your room n' pretend you slept there."

"Mkay," She smiled, "I'll be ready in ten." With that, she left.

She threw on a brown sweatshirt, which happened to be Daniel's, and a pair of thigh-high Gucci boots. Aurelia threw her hair up in a ponytail then put on some makeup. She put on earrings, a necklace, and a ring before leaving her room.

Daniel was waiting for her right outside the door and hugged her when she entered the hallway.

"I love you," Aurelia whispered, then kissed his cheek softly.

"Is that my sweatshirt?" Daniel giggled.

"Yep," Aurelia smiled.

"It looks better on you," Daniel whispered then kissed her forehead.

***

They arrived at the school and the moment Aurelia stepped out of the black SUV and onto school property, swarms of news cameras and mics were shoved in her face. The boys tried pushing them away but the excited news anchors continued to shout.

"Are you in a relationship at the moment?" One said, squeezing a mic between two of the boys and shoving it in Aurelia's face.

"What do you have to say to the families of the victims of the shooting you caused?" Another shouted.

"Princess, are you happy at this school or would you rather be somewhere else?" The random questions kept coming until Daniel noticed Aurelia was about to have a full-fledged panic attack.

"Everyone back the fuck up!" He screamed, physically forcing them to do so. "Get back!" The crowd backed away but didn't leave. "If any of you dare to get close to her I will break your stupid cameras and shove your fucking mics into your faces. Leave her the fuck alone before I start throwing hands." He shouted, then turned to the princess as his expression softened.

"Thank you," Aurelia whispered.

"Are you alright?" He asked. Aurelia nodded. "Do you wanna go home or still go to school?"

"Let's go to school," She forced a small smile.

As the group started to walk toward the school doors, the crowd started to follow. Jonah turned around, walked up to them and said, "If you don't leave we'll have no choice but to call heavy security and that's not gonna look good on any of your stupid broadcasts so I suggest you get the hell out of here."

The crowd finally left and the group was able to get into the school doors. Once they were inside, the halls went quiet, and all heads were turned in their direction.

"Don't worry," Daniel told the princess in a low whisper, "we're right here."

"Jonah!" A tall, buff guy came up to the group, followed by a couple of other guys.

"I'm so sorry," Jonah whispered before walking up to the three guys.