Chapter 1 Quidditch World Cup

Cover by ladyarchangel74

An older man is wandering up to a house carrying a lit torch. He opens the front door, inside is just as dark. He begins climbing the stairs; we hear whispers and hushed voices coming from upstairs. The older man waits outside the room where the conversation is taking place and listens on.

“Oh no no, no, my Lord Voldemort. I only meant... perhaps if we were to do it without the boy and the girl...” Wormtail asks.

“NO! The boy and the girl are everything; it cannot be done without them, and it WILL be done exactly as I say,” Said a raspy voice of a person sitting in a chair.

At that moment, another man stepped closer to the chair, “I will not disappoint you, my lord.”

“Good. First, gather our old comrades. Send them a sign.”

A snake slithers past the older man and into the room and begins to hiss at the figure in the chair.

“Nagini tells me the old caretaker is standing outside the door.”

Wormtail stands in the doorway and looks at the older man. The older man looks terrified.

“Step aside so I can give our guest a proper greeting. Avada Kedavra!”

Holly wakes up in a flash of panic, her green eyes full of fear. The scar, in the shape of a crescent moon, burning beneath her fingers.

Holly Lilian Potter, Harry Potter's twin sister, looks around a little disoriented at first until she remembers that she's at the Burrow. She and Harry had arrived the night before and were set to head out to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys that morning. Holly looked out the window; she noticed that the sun wasn't up yet, but she knew she would never be able to go back to sleep.

Slowly, Holly got up as to not disturb her fox familiar. Her Arctic Fox, Archimedes. The fox looked up at her when he felt the bed shift then buried himself under the covers. Holly smiled then quietly made her way to the bathroom to get dressed. Holly made her way downstairs, where Mrs. Weasley has already started breakfast.

 Weasley has already started breakfast

“Good morning, Mrs. Weasley.”

“Good morning, dear. It seems you're the first one up. Care for a cup of tea?”

“That would be lovely.”

With the wave of her wand, Mrs. Weasley prepares a cup of tea for Holly. The young woman sat down at the kitchen table and drank her tea. She watched Mrs. Weasley bustled around the kitchen, making breakfast.

“Would you like some help, Mrs. Weasley?”

Mrs. Weasley turned and smiled at Holly, “No, thank you, dear, I have everything under control,” Molly tells her then sets a plate of eggs and sausage in front of Holly.