Chapter 6: Family

The next morning I took a cab to my dad's house. When I got there I was greeted by my stepmom. After the war my stepmom and I had gotten closer. I quickly said hello to my two stepbrothers and ran up to my bedroom. Then I saw it, a picture on my dresser of Percy and I right after the war. We were sitting on a bench in Central Park and decided to snap a picture on my phone. Dangerous? Very. Worth it? Absolutely. However now seeing that picture broke my heart. All I could do was wrap it in my arms and start to cry.

"Annabeth? Is that you?" my dad said and knocked on my door. I forced myself to get up and open the door. "Annabeth, sweetie are you okay?" he asked and gave me a big hug. "Percy is missing dad. He's missing" I said still crying and hugging my dad. "Oh sweetheart, I'm sure he'll be okay. He is very strong and brave" he said reassuringly. "But...but.... what if....he found a new girlfriend?" I asked him the question that had been bothering ever since Percy disappeared. "Annabeth you if all people should know he'd never do that to you" he said pulling out of the hug. "I guess your right" I said and then I smiled. "Can we go to the movies tonight?" I asked hoping he'd say yes. "Sure. How long will you be staying with us?" he asked his eyes full of hope. "Um actually I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the mountain" I replied, not saying the mountain's name because it brought back to many horrible memories. "Okay. Then we better enjoy tonight" my father said causing me to snap back to reality.

That night we went to the theater and saw the movie Mockingjay part 1. It was cool and sad at the same time. As soon as we got home I went to bed and fell into a dreamless sleep. However before I fell asleep I thought: I'm super lucky to have the family that I do.