Chapter 3: Blue Cookies

I'd just finished packing when there was a knock on Cabin 6's door. I walked over to answer the door and was surprised to see Clarisse La Rue, daughter of Ares the god of war, standing outside my door. "Hi" I said. "Hey, um, I just came to, um, wish you luck" she mumbled. "Thanks. I'm gonna need it" I replied with a nervous smile. Clarisse and I had become closer after the Titan war and after her best friend Silena had died in battle. "Anyway, see ya" she said and walked toward the sword fighting arena.

I stepped back inside and checked to make sure I had everything I needed. Nectar? Check. Clothes? Check. Food? Check. Dagger? Check. Shield? Check. Ambrosia? Check. Picture of Percy and I? Check. Laptop? Check. I had everything yet still felt like I was missing something. Oh yes! I almost forgot to grab my Yankees Cap. I quickly grabbed my cap before grabbing my backpack and putting on my winter coat.

I had just started toward the boarders when someone shouted my name. I looked behind me and saw that my friends, who I'm not going to list because there's a lot, had come to say goodbye. I quickly said goodbye to everyone and gave every one of my siblings a hug. I then walked down Half-Blood Hill and signaled a taxi.

The taxi dropped me off at my first search location, Percy's parents apartment. Thoughts flooded my mind as I knocked on Sally's door. "Annabeth! Please come in" Sally, Percy's mom exclaimed. "Hello Mrs. Blofis" I greeted her. "Where's Paul?" I asked. Paul was Percy stepdad who was actually pretty cool for a mortal. "Oh he's at a teachers conference" she replied. Paul was a teacher at Goode High, the school Percy had gone to.

Sally and I sat down at the kitchen table and she offered me some blue cookies. Why they were blue, well it's a long story, that I personally still don't understand. However the sight of the blue cookies made tears sting my eyes and I remembered why I'd come. "Sally have you seen Percy lately?" I asked her feeling nervous. "No. I was actually about to ask you why you came alone" she replied her expression confused. "Sally, I don't know how to say this lightly but..." by now I could feel tears streaming down my face. "Sally Percy's missing."