Chapter 12: Letters

I whirled around to find a little boy standing behind me. The little boy had short sandy hair, crystal blue eyes, and a scar on his face. "Luke?!" I screamed and jumped backwards hitting a table. "Are you okay Annie?" the little boy asked. "Yeah. What...what's your name?" I stuttered. "Logan, but you once knew me as Luke" he replied and I gasped. "But...but.....but..." I stuttered in shock and fear. "Its okay Annie. I decided to go for rebirth again" he said with a smile. Before I could stop myself I squashed him in a big hug. "I've missed you soooooo much!" I whispered still hugging him. "I missed you too Annie" he replied. "Don't call me Annie" I said and let go of him. "Fine" he said with a smile.

Later on we went to the sword arena and I had to teach him how to fight. Funny, before it was the other way around. Hours after we went to the beach and sat by the water. Suddenly a bottle floated to the surface. Inside was a message. I pulled it out and read it. Thankfully it was in Greek. It read:

Dear Annabeth,

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for you. It must be so hard not knowing where Percy is. You have Hera to thank for that, although I'm sure you've already figured that out. If you survive your next big 'quest' then maybe you could think about joining me. I could use a warrior like you.

Sincerely,
Gaea

Wait what?! Gaea?! Quest?! My mind raced a million miles per hour. Suddenly I felt dizzy and everything went dark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note: I know, I know, it's a little unlike Gaea to be writing letters but hey it could happen! What happened to Annabeth? How did she faint? Find out in Chapter 13!