Part 24

Techno stirred up to the buzz on his phone. His eyes stung badly as he tried to open them and he was thankful for the darkness provided by the thick curtains hung on his windows, preventing any daylight entering his messy room. His temples throbbed and his nose was clogged due to relentlessly crying for the past week.

His phone buzzed again, No rolled on to his other side and curled up to a ball with a small whimper ignoring the fact that he hadn't once checked his phone for the last seven days and there might be his friends' messages asking how he is coping. Some part of his consciousness pathetically wished one of them was Kengkla's. The thought of the younger caused him to bury his head hard into the pillow and choke back a sob. He was both mentally and physically drained.

'Thursday 15th August'

It was only ten days before the trials. There was a trace of his enthusiastic Bizzare writing over the 25thof August, circled with red platignum, now blotched and ruined just like his hopes and dreams. Another helpless whimper escaped his lips but his tired eyes were no longer capable of making any tears.

Techno dozed off after some time, his body overtaken by the toll of dehydration and lack of proper sleep. The snacks and drinks Technic bought him remained as a pile at the foot of his bed. Their parents eventually left town for work and his brother was the only person knocked on his locked door. No only unlocked his door when Nic went school, he'd take in what's left on the front of his door so he won't be upsetting his brother or taking his help for granted.

The next time he woke up it was because of the faint rapping sound on his balcony door. His eyelids drooped down only to blink in alert at the cracking sound. Draping the thick blanket like a cape, Techno dragged his wobbly legs towards the curtains and unwillingly parted them squinting at the glaring sun. He went temporally blinded by the light and had to cower under the back of his hand. A figure impatiently paced back and forth in front of their porch and Techno's eyes quickly darted towards the locked gate. Technic has no reason to climb over their gate or destroy his balcony glass door.

With trembling hands, he pushed open the sliding door and peered down without stepping into the balcony in case the burglar or whatever he was- looked up. Techno winced at the breeze and hugged himself bundling up his blanket in a death grip. 

Suddenly the silhouette was nowhere insight and his tired eyes enlarged with fright. The balcony railing rattled and before even he could think of retreating back to his room someone jumped over the railing nearly crashing on him.

Techno couldn't bring himself to squeak or shout, too shell shocked to do anything besides blinking wide-eyed. The stranger reflected the same expression before clasping his mouth shut and pushing him against the cold glass with his entire body.

In panic Technotried to push him off about to break down into tears again, his muffled whimpers starting to get louder underneath the strong palm until his assaulter removed his cap in a haste and clumsily shook him by his shoulders.

"Shit, hey hey it's just me"

Tew fumbled like an idiot not knowing how to salvage the situation. Taking in Techno'sdisheveled state and bloodshot eyes he cursed again and pulled the trembling frame to his chest in an awkward tight hug.

"It's me Tew pipsqueak calm down"

Techno ceased his wiggling and settled down to harsh pants and trembles as a warm palm glided over his blanket covered back in a soothing manner. The familiar smell of pink pepper and mandarin invaded his nostrils reminding him of the expensive brown jacket hanging on the back of his chair.