Chapter 92 - Heartless

Start from the beginning

Hayden steps up and tries to meet everyone in the middle "Look everyone is right in their own way– but we think he's our only option. So if Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers– but for right now..."

"He's going back now" Scott urges, leaning closer to Liam to drive his he's not budging point home.

"Except Liam's the one with the sword." Theo remarks looking absolutely terrified as he sits up straighter, earning the lot of us to again snap back at him "Shut up!"

Scott grabs Liam's wrist, nodding his head for me to follow them as he leads us into the living room.

Scott drops Liam's wrist, the latter flicking his hurt eyes between us as he questions "What, you don't trust me?"

I make a noise and shrug slightly, reassuring him instantly "We will always trust you."

Scott nods as he agrees "We don't trust him– do you?"

Liam shakes his head, shrugging one of his shoulders as he answers back quickly "No... but I think we can use him."

"Remember who he is– he got into your head and you tried to kill me. And when that didn't work, he did kill me."

"And tracy, and Josh, and his sister" I mutter the series of events that were oh so fun a few months ago, scrunching my nose up in a grimace when they each look at me.

Liam makes a noise, nodding his head to the side as he counters "And you aren't wrong to not trust him– but this might be our only chance to get Stiles back."

Making a face and raising my brows towards Scott like that's a very good fucking point, I chew on the inside of my cheek as he offers "Okay– but can't we just try to find somebody that we at least trust?"

I set my hands on my hips and turn more towards him, lifting my shoulders with my words "Who? No one else in this fucking city thinks Stiles is even a person let alone that he needs saving– we have a burned to a crisp Peter and even then it's Peter. I just– who else is our option right now Scotty? Theo knows who Stiles is and he obviously knows how much he means to us if how he looked at us just then was anything to go off of."

Scott softens his face, looking quickly between my eyes as he digests my words and I use his silence to continue "I dislike him as much as you do for the shit he pulled a few months ago, however if there's even a hope to get Stiles back based on his knowledge of the Wild Hunt and we keep him on a short leash with this sword as our leverage– at this point I know we owe it to Stiles to at least try every option no matter how crazy that option may be. And right now? This is our only option since Peter is dancing with death while we wait for him to heal."

Scott looks back into the kitchen towards Theo and Liam also uses his silence to make another argument "This might be a mistake, but you don't know that yet– and you made mistakes when you were learning to be an Alpha."

I move my lips between my teeth, hiding my smile with Liam's point, earning Scott to throw me a look before he nods "Yea, I made a lot. But we don't have time for mistakes–" he looks over to me and sets his hand on my shoulder as he adds softly with so much emotion behind his words "We can't lose Stiles."

I release a shaky breath, knowing deep in my gut how true those words are. Losing him is not even an option in my mind right now. I may not remember him however I can't disagree with the feeling that he means a lot to me, to all of us.

"So, we should try anything we can to save him... right?" Liam argues, Scott's face softening as he moves his eyes between us.

Liam raises his brows, finishing thoughtfully "Even Theo–"