21 - GRIMES

— 7 years later

I wake up to Carl breathing on my neck and his lips softly placing kisses on my skin. I pretend to sleep still, not wanting to get up. I'm still tired from sleeping late last night.

"I know you're awake," he whispers. "You're blushing."

I groaned, trying to turn my back on him but he pulls me back and hovers. "You have some kids to train, Fare. We got jobs to do."

"5 more minutes." I mumbled.

"5 more minutes but not for sleep." He says before getting on top of me and kissing me. My lips immediately kisses back. I can't resist it, this is Carl.

Let's just say we took more than 5 minutes.

We got out the trailer, the sun immediately greeting us as people from the Hilltop are busy with their work and kids are just playing around.

"Oh no," I said when I spotted Maggie looking at us with her hands on her hips. "This is your fault."

Carl sheepishly shrugs as we approach Maggie.

"Your students are waiting for you," she said, nodding towards the direction where some kids and teens are patiently waiting for me.

"Sorry." I sheepishly smiled. "Blame him. Bye!"

I run off towards the people I'm going to teach on how to handle guns and knives. "Hey, sorry I'm a bit late."

After getting my things ready, I turned to my 'students' and smiled. "Okay, let's start."

So much has changed for the past 7 years.

Alexandria, Hilltop, Oceanside and even the Saviors had become one whole community. We managed to work things out and put our differences aside. We're doing a lot better than we did before, I'm starting to see a bright future for all of us, even if we lost some people along the way. It's inevitable but we're still standing strong.

Negan has changed as well. Some still don't trust him, but most are giving him a second chance. Like I am.

I can never forget about what he did in the past, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't give him a chance to change and redeem himself.

Maggie has been doing great. She gave birth a few years ago, had a boy and named it Hershel Jr. He's the cutest baby boy I've ever seen and reminds me of Glenn so much.

Rick and Michonne also had a kid, a boy named RJ. Judith grew up to be a beautiful girl, just like Lori, and the most badass kid I've ever met.

My mom is happily together with Ezekiel, which I did not see that coming, but I'm okay with it. Then they adopted Henry, a kid of the Kingdom who lost all his family and Ezekiel treats him like his own and mom learned to love the kid as well. Although I feel kinda weird about the thought that Ezekiel is my stepdad, I'm happy for them. I'm happy for us.

Daryl's still the same. I've been trying to hook him up with some fine ladies *cough* mom *cough* but he refuses. Although it seems like he's getting comfortable with Connie, someone from a group of people that Judith saved.

Told you that kid's a badass.

Enid's still the same, still my best friend. She's currently dating Alden, who was a Savior before but he's proved his worth. I like him for Enid, they honestly fit each other so well and they look really cute.

As for me...

Well, here I am. 22-23 something, still alive and breathing. I still have my family with me. I'm still with the people I was with ever since the start of the end of the world. I'm still with the people I love.

"Farren?" I turned to my right and saw a kid walking towards me, a frown on her lips.

I crouched down as she stopped in front of me. "Hey, what's wrong?"

She showed me her finger and I saw that she has a cut, some blood coming out. "I held my knife wrong... I'm sorry."

I caressed her hair and smiled softly. "Honey, you don't need to be sorry, okay? You're still learning."

She nodded and I pinched her cheek a little, making her smile. "Now, you go and find Carl, tell him to help you clean that cut."

"Okay." She walked off with a smile, towards Carl who was already watching us and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I see we're getting ready to have a kid, aye?"

I scoffed before laughing, turning around to see my best friend approaching me. "Seriously, Enid? I'm not ready to have a kid yet."

"Mmhmm sure," she rolled her eyes. "Do you know how hard it is to block my ears from hearing the two of you getting it on last night?"

I bit my bottom lip in embarrassment. "Shut up. It's not like you and Alden are any quieter than us."

"Hey at least we're ready for kids, unlike someone." She scoffed and poked my side.

I poked her back. "I'm not ready yet."

"Whatever you say, Mrs. Grimes."

—~—

i'm so so so so sorry i haven't updated in a while!!

next chapter's probably the last one :(( i'll try to make it good but idk if that'll happen lol

and yes, carl and farren got married :)