2X17: Know Thy Enemy- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Great. We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today," I huff.

"Harness ancient dead-witch power," Damon tests out a title for it.

Bonnie notices his tone, "You know where the witches were burned?"

"Did I forget to mention that?" Damon acts innocent.

"Oops, our bad," I apologize, sarcastically. Bonnie gives us a 'bad salvatores' look.

"Are we gonna have to read through every one of these books till we find the right spell?" Jeremy, who I forgot was here, complains.

"Not exactly," Bonnie is vague and in thought.

She goes over to the bookshelf and sticks her hands out. She starts to whisper a spell. After a few seconds a bunch of books fall down, but one is opened.

"You've gotta teach me that!" I am impressed.

Bonnie bends down to grab it, "It's this one."

"Great. Grab the rest," Damon instructs and motions his head to the door, "Let's go," He whispers and smirks.

~~~

Back home, Damon, Stefan, and I are sitting in our living room, sadly with Elena.

"Do you really think Isobel's telling the truth that words gotten out about the doppelgänger and the wife?" Elena questions.

"Don't call me that," I gripe.

"I'm just quoting," She defends.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan gives his input.

"You should stay here, it's better for us to keep an eye on you, like we do Mystal," Damon muses.

"I already live here asshole, it's not for you," I try to shove his legs off me, that he sprawled out on my on the couch I was sitting on.

"What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No," Stefan shoots him down, "Her house is safer," He argues.

"Well, then we'll stay there," Damon concludes.

"Yeah, right," I scoff, but Stefan shrugs like he doesn't mind.

"So is that your plan? Neither of you will let Mystal and I out of your sight again?" Elena isn't too happy about the plan.

"I don't need babysitting, I'm a big girl vampire/witch," I argue.

"Let me know when you ladies come up with a better one," Damon smirks.

Elena sighs, "Fine. Then 1 of you 2? 3? bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood Luncheon." Oohh she thinks I'm a bodyguard, not for her but I am flattered

"That'd be me," Stefan beams.

"Not me, I don't want to," I laugh.

"Not me either, Mystal and I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie," Damon plans for us.

"Does that mean that you're taking her to the-"

"Shhh," Damon puts his finger over his lips because we hear Katherine.

"Don't get quiet on my account," She persuades, stepping into the room, "If you have a plan to combat in the impending vampire doom, please do tell."

Elena and Stefan hang their head annoyed as Damon and I smirk, Damon raises his brows.

"Seriously, what's the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm?" She pries. Stefan makes a nothing face. "I delivered you a moonstone, a Mystal, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is Mystal and the moonstone," She takes credit for luring me into town. Pfff. Shhh. "Or so you tell me."

"Then you have the best thing," I smirk and point to myself.

"No, we have it," Damon reassures her, referring to the moonstone.

"Where is it?" She wonders.

"It's in a very safe place," I comfort her.

"I've been honest with you. Time to return the favor," She gets testy. Stefan runs his tongue over his teeth in thought.

"Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust," Damon retorts and smirks again.

"Oohh, good plan," I high five him.

"Fine," She huffs, "Be that way," And then leaves the room. Yay. We all glance at each other.