Chapter 8

I was sitting in the guys' van, with my arm cast on my arm as Freddy was playing games with them.

"Freddy! This is your teacher talking!" I hear Dad's voice yell from not too far.

Freddy got up from where he's sitting and peeked his head out to see Dad.

"Man! What's going on here?" Dad asked, looking inside the van.

"Nothing." Freddy said as I got up from my seat and stepped out of the van and stood next to Dad.

"Freddy Jones. You get out of that van this instant."

"See you guys." Freddy mumbled to the guys, as he stepped out of the van.

"Hey, man. You think you're pretty funny partying with 2 innocent little kids?" Dad asked as Freddy stood beside me.

"Dude. We're just chilling."

"Those kids are 10 years old man. They look up to you and you are setting an example for them so quit messing around and start acting like responsible adults! That goes for all of you. Don't make me come back here." He said, as Freddy and I start walking off with him.

"What's the big deal? You're acting like my mom." Freddy said, making all of us stop.

"What's the big deal? You guys had me worried sick, man."

"We were just hanging around with some real rockers." Freddy said, pointing to the van.

"You listen to me. Those aren't real rockers. They're posers. Rocking about getting lowed and acting like a jerk." Dad explained to Freddy as Freddy puts his head down.

"Now, this is serious business here man. We got a mission. Putting on a great show is the most important thing you can do. One great rock show can change the world. You understand me?"

"Yeah."

"Now. If you guys scare me like that again, so help me I will... I will send a note home to your parents. Let's go."

TIME SKIP

We were all by the van, waiting for something which I don't know.

"Look. We're just a worn up gang. We'll just sit here and compete with the other schools next quarter." Summer said to Dad.

"What are you talking about? This is the gig, Summer! This was our wood stock."

"Then we shouldn't take no for an answer! Could you just listen to me? I have an idea."

TIME SKIP

While Dad was inside, talking to the guy, we were outside trying to act all dead.

Dad came out with 2 thumbs up, making us jump up in joy.

"Yes!" We all yelled in excitement.

Freddy, however, ended up hugging me, making me squeal in pain.

"Freddy. My arm."

"Oh. Sorry." He broke away with a smile before I shook my head.

"That's fine."

"Cut it out! You are all dying, remember?" Dad said, reminding us that we are all dying.

I went back to acting as if I was going to faint which Freddy also acted as if he was helping me so he was holding me up with an arm over my shoulder.

TIME SKIP

We were all back in school and I was talking with Summer when Freddy came up.

"Hey. Can I talk to Y/n alone?" He asked, Summer making her give me a secret wink as she walked off.

"What do you need to talk to me about?"

"I have to tell you something and I have been wanting to tell you ever since we became friends." Freddy muttered, looking down on the ground.

"What is it, Freddy?" I ask, now concerned.

"The thing is, Y/n..... I... I..." I then interrupted him by giving him a peck on the cheek.

"I like you too, Freddy." I told him with a smile, making us both laugh.

"So. Does this mean we are dating, now?" Freddy asked, making me look down before giving him a peck on the lips.

"I don't know. Does it?" I ask, making him smile as he grabs my hand and intertwines my fingers with his.

Then all of a sudden, I hear a loud sound as Freddy and I both look towards the direction.

It was Dad, singing a song about "The School Of Rock" before one of the other students stopped him.

"Stop! We have a red alert! It's Ms. Mullins!"

We all scattered around the class, trying to hide the instruments as we sat down in our seats.

"To your positions! To your positions!" Dad yelled as Freddy and I were pulling the drum set into the closet.

One thing lead to another, Dad was writing on the chalkboard about E=mc squared when Ms. Mullins walked in.

"Oh, Ms. Mullins. Come in."

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Ms. Lemons said she heard music coming from the classroom." She said as Freddy and I looked at each other in fear, hoping that she doesn't know.

"Music? Uh. Music... I haven't heard any music. Uh oh. You know what? Ms. Lemons might be on crack, right Kids?" He asked us as we all nodded to the answer.

"Well... Uh... what's that?" She said, pointing to Dad's guitar on the other side of the room.

'Uh oh. Busted.'

"Oh! That! Yeah! Mhm. We were singing. We were singing and we were learning. We were learning in singing song."

"Huh? One of your methods?"

"Uh huh. I find that it's really helpful when you're teaching subjects that are like boring subjects."

"Huh. Well you don't mind if I just sit in, in your class his afternoon?"

"No! No, come on back his afternoon."

"It is the afternoon. I meant now. So please, just... continue with your method." She said, making her way to the back of the classroom.

Dad then started to grab his guitar and started to make up a song about math. He then started to quiz the others in song.

"What is the answer, Martha!"

"9"

"No, it's 8." Martha then did a confused expression before singing the number 9.

"No. It's 9."

"Yes. I was testing you, it's 9! And it's the magic number." He sang, stringing the strings on the guitar.