Chapter 3

"CHILDREN ARE SLEEPING YET?" Jack took off his watch quickly and put it in a drawer. The curling fingers gently and passion touched his shoulder, then down to his arms. He smiled when he learned what his wife had missed him for two weeks.

Of course, he also missed his wife.

Jack turned and let his wife unbutton on his shirt. "Stephanie, honey, are the kids sleeping?" Once again, Jack asked his wife, who was stroking her neck and face gently.

"Yeah. They missed their father, "sighed Stephanie. Then he kissed Jack's lips gently.

Jack returned the kiss from Stephanie. A minute later, he withdrew and chuckled. "I miss you too, honey." He smiled sweetly at his wife. "I miss our children."

"Well," Stephanie chuckled. "I'll wait for you." She walked to the bed and took off her night robe. Now she was only wearing her nightgown and leaning against the head of the bed.

"Surprise!!!"

"Daddy !!!" Roy and Zoe—very sweet twins—burst out of bed and ran to hug Jack.

Jack laughed amusedly when he saw his two little heroes who looked so happy with his presence. Then he carried his children and laid him on the bed. They told each other and cheered happily when Jack promised to take them to the zoo on weekends.

When Roy and Zoe began to fall asleep, Jack got up and fixed the blanket that wrapped them from the cold air conditioner. He looked down as he was about to kiss the foreheads of his children, then stepped out, turned off the lights, then closed the door slowly so they would not wake up.

Jack opened the door to his room and grinned when he saw his wife waiting for him while reading a magazine. He quickly closed the door and rushed to hug his wife. Stephanie jumped in surprise but finally calmed down when Jack's lips landed on hers. They kissed each other with a sense of longing that could not be stopped again.

Suddenly Stephanie pushed Jack away. She chuckled, amused by her husband's behaviour.

"What's the matter?" Jack said confused. He was getting ready to attack his wife again.

"You sent me something."

Stephanie moved and opened the nightstand drawer beside the bed. A bouquet of black roses was given by a clerk who claimed to be a flower delivery person and gave it to her. When she asked who sent it, the clerk said that the Buyer did not include his name.

That was very odd! In fact, Stephanie was very sure that Jack herself ordered this black rose for her.

But, why black roses?

"I have not sent anything to you, dear. You know this is not my style. "Then, Jack took the bouquet of black roses and placed them on the nightstand. "We can think about that later 'cause tonight ... I really want to be with you."

He began to kiss Stephanie gently. He did not want to be disturbed by anyone. He just wanted to be with his wife tonight—and for the following nights.

"Disgusting!"

Jack and Stephanie jumped in surprise when they heard a strange man's voice in their room. Spontaneously, Jack stood up while making a gesture to protect Stephanie who was suddenly standing behind him. Their faces were so pale and mixed with confusion and surprise.

They stared in confusion and fear at the stranger in a masked and cap who almost covered his eyes.

"Who are you!" Jack said emotionally, but he tried not to cry out.

The man grinned under his mask. Slowly, he took out something in the pocket of his jacket. A very sharp and shiny knife was in his grasp.

Jack and Stephanie took a step backwards when they saw the man holding a knife. The leather gloves looked right in his hand.