Chapter 2

"YOU JUST GOT HOME?" asked Frederick, who sat on the sofa while sipping wine and reading a newspaper. Without averting his eyes, he knew who was sitting on the sofa opposite him—none other than a twenty-eight-year-old man, the man he had considered his own child.

The man sighed. He leaned back to rest his body. Looked he just returned from somewhere. "Yes," he said in a hoarse and heavy voice. His hands were then rubbed his face which was filled with fine sideburns that had just been shaved.

Frederick placed his newspaper and wine on a glass table before him. He looked at the man who was staring at the ceiling of this large working room. He knew, surely his son felt tired and tired. A few minutes later, he reached for his stick made of solid teak wood and painted black then stood and walked with the help of a cane. Being more than half a century old did not make him discouraged. He still had a young soul and was still boasting in him.

"Where will you go after this?" Frederick asked, picking up a file on his desk. He opened the file and began to read it.

"The next victim," the man replied coldly. Now, he closed his eyes. Only darkness could be seen—just like him.

Frederick suddenly turned and looked at the man. He looked confused who was the next target. "Who is he?" He frowned, "or she?"

"A property entrepreneur based in Manchester."

"Oh. I thought your targets were only in London this time." Frederick sighed, "If I'm not mistaken, I know and know who he is."

"I suppose so," the man sighed.

"I suppose because of her, you decided to be in London."

The man's eyes suddenly opened. He was still silent, his mind was blank. His sharp eyes grew sharper like a dagger. "Maybe yes. Maybe not," he said carelessly but was not sure if his words sounded careless.

Frederick then began to sit back on the sofa after putting the file back on his desk. Then, he looked closely at the man. "Are you still watching her?"

The man instantly straightened his body like a soldier. "Yes. And, he started looking for me."

Frederick's head slightly tilted to his right after hearing the man's words. His forehead was wrinkled even more. "What if she finds you?"

The man grinned sharply and gave rise to a frightening atmosphere around him. "I will carry out my plan."

֍

Many times Arya pressed the doorbell of the house but none of the owners came out of the house. "Damn," she growled. Then, she knocked on the door of the house hard and many times, but no one opened the door.

When Arya was about to turn around, the door opened and she suddenly turned back. A tall man also emaciated when he saw Arya in front of his house. His bronze hair was disheveled, and a fine beard began to grow on his face. He was too tall for Arya—around 5' 10''.

"Duck?" the man muttered in disbelief at seeing Arya in front of him. His eyes did not blink even when he saw Arya who looked at him confused.

"You're such a mess, Beast!" Arya chuckled in amusement at the face of the man in front of her.

Suddenly the man hugged Arya tightly. This made Arya even more confused. However, he could not let go of his arms so tightly. Arya slowly returned his hug. She missed her best friend. A friend who had not seen in a long time. A friend who was always worried about her.

Arya sighed in a hug. "Ray." Guilt began to descend on her. She was sorry for what had happened to her and Ray. Ray only helped her, also calmed her down. Ray only looked after her, but Arya was too obsessed with her career and also the mystery that lay before her.