Chapter Fifteen: Bruce Wayne

I was spat out back onto my bedroom floor, in the sitting position I was at the Church

I was spat out back onto my bedroom floor, in the sitting position I was at the Church. I took a few deep breaths, as I lean back against my bed. My gaze dropped to my hands to see that they were no longer a different colour, but back to their normal one. My clothes had also been changed back to the ones I had wore before I went back in time. The spell must have worn off as I came back through the portal, but I noticed it was no longer morning, but night. I scrambled to my feet, leaning on my bed to grab my phone. I see that I had missed calls off of Donna and Gar, and also messages from them, but the date, wasn't the same. It was the next night. Time must have carried on...

I opened my phone and read the message off of Donna, Rachel had ran off from her and she now can't find her. I moved on to Gar's messages, they were demanding, and serious. He wanted me to pick up, that he's messed up and needs my help. I had a miss phone call from him, I play the voice message and placed the phone to my ear.

"Vanessa, uh... I'm sorry," The message began, Gar's voice stutters through the words. "Something really bad happened and it's my fault. I need your help, so... call me back, yeah?" Gar's voice sounded desperate and scared, whatever happened he was shaken up by it. I need to get to the Tower now... I place my phone in my back jean pocket, as I wasn't bothering to get changed, as I was now dry but the stains were still on. I shrug off my leather jacket and throw it onto the bed. I turn and grabbed my spell book, and began to think of the tower. I had a clear image in my mind, I swirl my wrist around and smoke generated from the floor, engulfing me it in. Sending me on my way...

The smoke faded from my ears, and I was now in front of the elevator, a strong wind was present as it hit me in my face, blowing my raven hair around. I frown as I see small shards of glass scattered along the floor, chairs knocked over like a fight had broken out. I turn my head around looking at the destruction, but I noticed blood on the ground but it was in a shape of a paw print. My heart sank, dread and fear crept into my body, as I followed the prints. I followed them to the end of the counter, to see a bloody hand-print stained there, it looked like it had been dragged down, bringing the blood with it. I crouch and hovered my fingers from the bloody print...

"Gar," I spoke softly to myself, as this was bad, really bad. I stood back to my feet, but then I hear the elevator doors ding open, making me turn invisible straight away. I froze to the spot, my eyes shifting to the small way to leads into the main room. Within seconds, Donna comes into view making me sigh in relief.

"Donna," I spoke in relief, becoming visible to her.

"Vanessa? What happened?" Donna asks her gaze going around the room.

"I have no idea, I came to find it like this," I told her the truth. "And I found this," I step aside to let her view the hand print on the counter side. Her face twisted into worry as this wasn't a good sign. Suddenly, her phone began too vibrate she pulls it free and looks at the person who's calling her. She answers within a second of looking.